Arsenal thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramsey's looks a big loss. Not a chance in hell of making top four with a 40 million net spend, and with him going on a free they ill probably start the season worse than they left it if the 40 million figure is true. Really in danger of slipping even further with the likes of wolves and everton spending money

Wouldn’t surprise me. Read somewhere that they have a £40m transfer budget this summer, which won’t even cover replacing Ramsey, so they’re likely treading water at best.

I thought they're still spending the Adebayor and Nasri money? Net spend and all that...

A decade or two ago they were at the front, but they've been jogging while everybody else has been running and now they're lagging behind. Everybody could see them slowly falling down the league placings and now they are in danger of getting overtaken as the clubs just behind them have the finances, managers, players and committed owners to make it happen.
It's not just a swing in fortunes like, say, United where they still make so much money they could (in theory) turn it around easily. Arsenal have been steadily morphing into an 'also-ran' for a long time. Miss out on the Europa places next season and it might not be the tipping point, but it could be a tipping point.
Due in part to the fact that teams like City have broken up the Sky four perennial Champions League qualifiers. Without that previously guaranteed income it's given teams like Wolves and Everton a chance to sneak above.
Its no wonder City are about as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool with the G14 cartel.

Makes me a little warm inside that although we paid big money for some of their players, most of it was never invested in the team & therefore, we're quite a force in their demise.....

No wonder they're mad in that gif.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Read somewhere that they have a £40m transfer budget this summer, which won’t even cover replacing Ramsey, so they’re likely treading water at best.
In that is the case I hope the manager walks - absolutely no chance of turning around that's clubs fortunes without sensible investment......

Makes me a little warm inside that although we paid big money for some of their players, most of it was never invested in the team & therefore, we're quite a force in their demise.....

No wonder they're mad in that gif.
10tuss.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.