Arsenal thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first half yesterday was the best I've seen them in some time. Think they need a center mid or two as well as a CB in the summer. They'll have Saliba back but they'll need to back Arteta with at least a couple of players.

Tend to agree with your first paragraph. Everyone agreed Arsenal needed someone to really get the players together & get them working harder, a lot thought that needed an experienced manager, 1 seen as more hard-line, but everything that we were hearing was that Arteta did have a steely side to him. Theres ways of motivating through fear, the best coaches make you want to work for them.

It's obvious that fitness is an issue currently. However, this problem has been amplified more with the busy festive season, and injuries that have meant they've not really been able to rotate. It's also obvious that there will still be a fair turnover of players. Think he's boxing quite clever with Ozil just now for instance getting him onside, but he won't be there long term. Can imagine Xhaka leaving in the summer & someone more athletic coming in. At least 3 possibly all 4 of the back 4 that played last night won't be first choice next season. So I think he's doing well with what he's got, trying to create a team spirit again & some unity, but everyone realises that some big changes are required.

you will get this when you see city and liverpool play you, its just another level of class of player with unbeliever fitness, sadly arteta or even pep could not turn this arsenal squad into world beaters because the players are not good enough in the first place, over the last 8 years the best players in the world don't go to arsenal even if the money is good they don't sign for arsenal why

its because the rotten had set in and the ok players and squad players are only there for a easy life, and like every world class player he needs work horses to work there bums off for the team
so the world class player can do his magic, the likes messi/ronaldo only work if you have them horses in the squad that is belly of all the good teams

arsenal and arteta will need 4 seasons and £700 million in 8 windows to get rid of the dead wood and bring in the horses and the world class players, even then city and liverpool and the rest will not be standing still so that is where the best managers come into the frame and if they don't get it right your off, now will arsenal wait 4 seasons for a top 4 place or a chances at winning the title when you lose a game that you think all that money arteta has spent on his plan and how did we lose to them, easy because it happens ??

it took city 4 seasons from the take over but that was a different game back then, and city was coming from this really bad run club to top draw club and it could have gone both ways, i think what really helped was united and fergie coming to a end and arsenal was in a mess because of the new stadium cost and had to sell there best players, only chelsea was our nearest rival and we had the upper hand because of the cash, so the door for a top 4 place was starting to creek and city jump all over them

now city are not going away and liverpool are not going away and even if arsenal was to give arteta 10 year contract. i still think the top 2 will be the same and the rest would be in the mix for the rest, so having watched AFTV they would never take being 2nd best in the next 10 years, so arteta will be lucky to keep the wolves from his doors

you will get this when you see city and liverpool play you, its just another level of class of player with unbeliever fitness, sadly arteta or even pep could not turn this arsenal squad into world beaters because the players are not good enough in the first place, over the last 8 years the best players in the world don't go to arsenal even if the money is good they don't sign for arsenal why

its because the rotten had set in and the ok players and squad players are only there for a easy life, and like every world class player he needs work horses to work there bums off for the team
so the world class player can do his magic, the likes messi/ronaldo only work if you have them horses in the squad that is belly of all the good teams

arsenal and arteta will need 4 seasons and £700 million in 8 windows to get rid of the dead wood and bring in the horses and the world class players, even then city and liverpool and the rest will not be standing still so that is where the best managers come into the frame and if they don't get it right your off, now will arsenal wait 4 seasons for a top 4 place or a chances at winning the title when you lose a game that you think all that money arteta has spent on his plan and how did we lose to them, easy because it happens ??

it took city 4 seasons from the take over but that was a different game back then, and city was coming from this really bad run club to top draw club and it could have gone both ways, i think what really helped was united and fergie coming to a end and arsenal was in a mess because of the new stadium cost and had to sell there best players, only chelsea was our nearest rival and we had the upper hand because of the cash, so the door for a top 4 place was starting to creek and city jump all over them

now city are not going away and liverpool are not going away and even if arsenal was to give arteta 10 year contract. i still think the top 2 will be the same and the rest would be in the mix for the rest, so having watched AFTV they would never take being 2nd best in the next 10 years, so arteta will be lucky to keep the wolves from his doors

To be honest, I think there's a general realisation around that while Pep & Klopp are around, it's going to be difficult to finish above them. The main thing first is to get Arsenal playing with an identity & style of football that can at least get them competing for the Champions League places.

I think we all acknowledge its a gradual process. It would be a really tall ask to match the consistency currently shown by City & Liverpool, but a lot can happen in football in a couple of years. Pep might not be here, teams go through injuries & sticky spells etc. You can't just say City & Liverpool will have everything wrapped up for the next 10 years, it just never works like that in England.

To be honest, I think there's a general realisation around that while Pep & Klopp are around, it's going to be difficult to finish above them. The main thing first is to get Arsenal playing with an identity & style of football that can at least get them competing for the Champions League places.

I think we all acknowledge its a gradual process. It would be a really tall ask to match the consistency currently shown by City & Liverpool, but a lot can happen in football in a couple of years. Pep might not be here, teams go through injuries & sticky spells etc. You can't just say City & Liverpool will have everything wrapped up for the next 10 years, it just never works like that in England.

but the fans don't want to take 2nd best not even for one season ?? arsenal and the fans on AFTV still think arsenal are a major player in the premier league and this is were the trouble lies united chelsea spurs and even leicester all are setup better than arsenal, and they can not touch the big 2 ?? sadly until arsenal fans wake up and smell the coffee and stop putting the pressure on the club and manager and players then nothing will change

in a way you have to write off everything you have done in the game and leave it in the history books on the shelves, stop judging everybody on it ?? sounds daft but football is a cruel game and winners never look back ?? mancini had to turn man city into a winning club but the one thing city never had was that pressure of the last manager or players being around in the game to judge him on past glories because man city was a yoyo club and not won anything for 30 years

the biggest job i see for arteta is catching up and matching up to spurs ? get that job done first if you can, and now jose is there its a hard ask, spurs will spend big money in the next 4 windows and jose always wins some sort of silverware in the first couple of seasons, so arteta will need all the promises the arsenal broad put down to sell him on being manager ???

but the fans don't want to take 2nd best not even for one season ?? arsenal and the fans on AFTV still think arsenal are a major player in the premier league and this is were the trouble lies united chelsea spurs and even leicester all are setup better than arsenal, and they can not touch the big 2 ?? sadly until arsenal fans wake up and smell the coffee and stop putting the pressure on the club and manager and players then nothing will change

in a way you have to write off everything you have done in the game and leave it in the history books on the shelves, stop judging everybody on it ?? sounds daft but football is a cruel game and winners never look back ?? mancini had to turn man city into a winning club but the one thing city never had was that pressure of the last manager or players being around in the game to judge him on past glories because man city was a yoyo club and not won anything for 30 years

the biggest job i see for arteta is catching up and matching up to spurs ? get that job done first if you can, and now jose is there its a hard ask, spurs will spend big money in the next 4 windows and jose always wins some sort of silverware in the first couple of seasons, so arteta will need all the promises the arsenal broad put down to sell him on being manager ???

Not sure where you're getting your info mate, but most Arsenal fans I know, even the ones on AFTV, the objective this season was to try & get top 4. Most appreciate that it will likely be beyond us this season now, and want us to build towards next year. So again, the main objective next season would be top 4, then to build from there.

So I'm not sure why you think Arsenal fans would accept nothing less than being in the top 2 just now?

As for Spurs, they are apparently under some sort of Renaissance under Mourinho, we've won 2 games in 16 or something, yet we're only 3 points behind them just now. It will be interesting to see what money they do have to spend, because the still have a stadium to pay for, & they will lose out on money if they don't qualify for the Champions League. Jose already looks as if he's throwing people under the bus, let's just see how it plays out.

For me the games Arteta has managed Arsenal should of won all of them! Fe the players fitter and knowing Arteta coaching that consistency will come and you be getting 90 points a season.

Not sure where you're getting your info mate, but most Arsenal fans I know, even the ones on AFTV, the objective this season was to try & get top 4. Most appreciate that it will likely be beyond us this season now, and want us to build towards next year. So again, the main objective next season would be top 4, then to build from there.

So I'm not sure why you think Arsenal fans would accept nothing less than being in the top 2 just now?

As for Spurs, they are apparently under some sort of Renaissance under Mourinho, we've won 2 games in 16 or something, yet we're only 3 points behind them just now. It will be interesting to see what money they do have to spend, because the still have a stadium to pay for, & they will lose out on money if they don't qualify for the Champions League. Jose already looks as if he's throwing people under the bus, let's just see how it plays out.

what is the point in setting your sights on top 4 ??? silverware is what you need start by winning a trophy, it must be the number one target forget the rest until you do that, all the top teams have this winning the title tag and your fans demand it ?? your judged on the title and being champions of england not a top 4 or top 6 team, arsenal are a club that used to be winning titles and have plans setup every other season to challenge for it, that is is miles away at arsenal

AFTV got wenger out of the door and emary the sack because of not being title winners its simple
why get rid of wenger he won fa cups and top 4 places but it was still not good enough WHY because of not being champions for 13 years 2003/04, its simple matey arsenal fans don't take 2nd best because if they did wenger would be still manager

what is the point in setting your sights on top 4 ??? silverware is what you need start by winning a trophy, it must be the number one target forget the rest until you do that, all the top teams have this winning the title tag and your fans demand it ?? your judged on the title and being champions of england not a top 4 or top 6 team, arsenal are a club that used to be winning titles and have plans setup every other season to challenge for it, that is is miles away at arsenal

AFTV got wenger out of the door and emary the sack because of not being title winners its simple
why get rid of wenger he won fa cups and top 4 places but it was still not good enough WHY because of not being champions for 13 years 2003/04, its simple matey arsenal fans don't take 2nd best because if they did wenger would be still manager

Wenger lost his job, not because he was 2nd best, but because he was slipping to 5th or 6th best. Things were regressing instead of getting better. Emery lost his job because he lost the players, & never mind being 5th & 6th, we were midtable & getting outplayed at home to Southampton & Brighton.

It's not about saying top 4 is your final goal, but it's about an appreciation of where you currently are, & the steps that need to be taken to get back near the top. Liverpool didn't jump from 9th when Klopp took over to top of the league in the space of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.