Arsenal thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fantastic seeing Le Arse languishing in mid-table obscurity ,10th in the table at present.
I would suggest that Arsenal are the team who have been hardest hit by City's resurgence under Sheik Mansour's leadership.
And as leaders of the Hateful Eight, they deserve everything that they get.
We should re-sign Adebayor just so he could do another goal slide celebration against them.
I'd imagine he'd need one of those mobility scooters at this stage.

Now you have recently played us, I just wondered you guys views on where you see Arsenal just now.

Now, I fully expect the usual barrage of abuse regarding Arsenal, leaders of Hateful 8, hope they get relegated etc, (I'm annoyed at some of the stuff going on under our ownership as much as anyone can i add)!

Just wondered if there are any other views on how you see us under Arteta, if folk think we should stick with him etc?

Now you have recently played us, I just wondered you guys views on where you see Arsenal just now.

Now, I fully expect the usual barrage of abuse regarding Arsenal, leaders of Hateful 8, hope they get relegated etc, (I'm annoyed at some of the stuff going on under our ownership as much as anyone can i add)!

Just wondered if there are any other views on how you see us under Arteta, if folk think we should stick with him etc?
I think Arteta will one day make a good manager but no one could succeed at Arsenal under the current ownership. Kroenke appears to have no interest in developing Arsenal other than as a cash cow for his other business interests. It is staggering to think Kronke has invested £4.5bn in building a new stadium for the Los Angeles Rams but won't put his hand in his pocket for Arsenal.
I have always believed the move to the Emirates stadium should have been funded directly by the Arsenal owners at that time (who all had deep pockets) to free up money to invest in players. Instead the club was saddled with the burden of long-term loans. The club is in a mess off the field.

You may as well stick with him, he's not really under or overperforming looking at your first xi and squad plus chopping and changing all the time won't help. Has gotten rid of deadwood and blooded youth and he's coaching progressive possession which won't happen overnight. I think it's about patience now and recruiting quality (or at least potential) over quantity and squad fillers.

I think arsenal are being made to look worse than they are as people presume Leicester, Everton, West Ham etc have worse squads, for my money the first two have better squads.

Think there's a team in there with Saka, Odegaard and Smith-Rowe, with Partey holding if he was ever fit. Think the backline is still an issue and you really need a young, hungry striker who can actually be arsed playing for Arsenal. Aubameyang and Lacazette just can't be arsed half the time so you're very easy to play out against.

Saying that, I'd take Saka as LWB for us.

Thanks for the responses gents. FWIW, I agree with most of the things said. Under the current ownership its going to be really difficult to compete to any level. However, they picked a total novice manager as I think they could see his future potential, & realise its a big project, so if you have the guts to do that, you should have the guts to see it through. I agree with a lot of changes on & off the field we now need stability.

I see this as a transition year, a season where a badly needed squad reset was / will be done, getting rid of a lot of the senior underperformers doing nothing like Ozil, Kolasinac, Mustafi, Sokratis etc & a chance to blood a younger hungrier squad.

I think there's the making of a good young team, Saliba, Gabriel, Tierney, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard (if we can get some sort of deal), to go alongside senior guys like Partey & Auba. We lack quality depth though, there's a big drop off when certain players are out, so there's a lot of work to be done still in the summer, but I'm hoping he's able to bring 3 or 4 of the right type of player in, although I think we'll need some luck with sales for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.