Arsenal/Wenger - What next?

A A

Anonymous

Was chatting with a gooner friend of mine online last night and was pretty shocked to hear him say that he thought Wenger should resign. He sent me a link to the forum he goes and, and as he had said, the majority on there feel the same way.

So what next for Arsenal and Arsene? Personally I can't see him resigning, and it's almost unfathomable that he'll get sacked...

However, if he doesn't spend properly this summer, and he loses Fabregas and Nasri, I can seem them dropping like a stone out of the top 4.

I hope the immediate future is that they finish 4th this season,and as the recent saying goes,it's in our hands now !!

As for the long term situation,he needs to tell his players to try 1 or 2 more shots in a game,instead of trying to walk it in the net all the time,apart from that.......well see ya later gooners !

Arsenal fans are upset that they are paying more and more for season tickets but dont win trophies.

Then in the next breath they will brag about their swanky new stadium.

Shortly after that they say Wenger should either spend this summer or leave adn let someone else build a decent squad.

I know Arsene has an economics degree but apparently no Arsenal fan has the faintest idea of income and expenditure.

They are up in arms at the price of tickets threatening to boycott etc......

But they like bragging about the new stadium and want Wenger to spend BIG in summer.

Arsenal Fans Fucking Hilarious Since 2005

fbloke said:
Arsenal fans are upset that they are paying more and more for season tickets but dont win trophies.

Shortly after that they say Wenger should either spend this summer or leave adn let someone else build a decent squad.

I know Arsene has an economics degree but apparently no Arsenal fan has the faintest idea of income and expenditure.

But they like bragging about the new stadium and want Wenger to spend BIG in summer.

Oh c'mon - lets not turn this into a taking the piss out of Arsenal thread - you're a clever guy. I'm curious as to what you think the future holds for the Arse....?

Can you see Wenger leaving?

Do you see them spending big?

Would they need to spend big to keep Wenger or would they need to sell Fabregas/Nasri to spend big?

Would spending big this summer keep Fabregas at the club?

They find themselves in a very precarious position IMO...

I had a ganders on an arsenal forum yesterday and they were whingeing about wenger playing bendtner on the wing. Didn't see the game as I was coming home from wembley but if that's the case then they've got a point!

That said, Arsenal losing or getting rid of wenger would really put the cat amongst the pigeons

I sincerely hope Arsenal stick with Wenger and Wenger sticks to his footballing philsophy.

Result?

Another six years of abject failure.

BillyShears said:
fbloke said:

Oh c'mon - lets not turn this into a taking the piss out of Arsenal thread - you're a clever guy. I'm curious as to what you think the future holds for the Arse....?

Can you see Wenger leaving?

Do you see them spending big?

Would they need to spend big to keep Wenger or would they need to sell Fabregas/Nasri to spend big?

Would spending big this summer keep Fabregas at the club?

They find themselves in a very precarious position IMO...

But the whole point of what I said is that Arsenal fans dont apparently know what THEY want so how should we?

I started a thread before the Kroenke 'takeover' was announced saying that Arsenal could have real issues and that it could turn ugly. Well it has not yet got ugly but they are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The investment in the squad can now only realistically come via Directors loans, but will they be willing to do that?

The revenues from the Highbury property deals are coming to an end soon so revenues will dip before the stadium debt falls away.

And there is a reasonable chance that the needed CL qualification wont be quite so certain for years to come.

And of course even if the money does come to invest in the squad it will be in the hands of a manager who aint great at spending.

Arsene has proven that he struggles to spend and often spends poorly.

So what next for Arsenal has far too many variables on the terraces, on the pitch and in the boardroom to elicit an accurate prediction.

IMHO of course.

;-)

I still think his ego will stop him from spending. I know how good a job he's done and everything, but should he really be considered so untouchable? I'm a patient man but I have to say if I were an Arsenal fan (there but for the grace of God...) even I'd be having doubts by now.

fbloke said:

All managers buy the odd duds, but I think that a manager who's brought the likes of Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, Cesc Fabregas, Marc Overmars, Manu Petit, Pires, Edu, Sami Nasri, Robin Van Persie etc to the premier league has done pretty fucking well in the transfer market over the years. Yes there are bad buys thrown in there - your pascal cygans and nicholas bent-heads of this world, but considering the amount of money he's spent and the fact they've always been challenging near the top of the prem. He just needs to go back to basics and find another Patrick Vieira and Sol Campbell types

The Fat el Hombre said:
fbloke said:

All managers buy the odd duds, but I think that a manager who's brought the likes of Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, Cesc Fabregas, Marc Overmars, Manu Petit, Pires, Edu, Sami Nasri, Robin Van Persie etc to the premier league has done pretty fucking well in the transfer market over the years. Yes there are bad buys thrown in there - your pascal cygans and nicholas bent-heads of this world, but considering the amount of money he's spent and the fact they've always been challenging near the top of the prem. He just needs to go back to basics and find another Patrick Vieira and Sol Campbell types

The names you mention are interesting of course.

When did he buy most of them, how long ago?

When I say he struggles to spend I believe he does.

The best example was his decision for 2-3 seasons NOT to buy Chamakh but to wait, and wait and wait until he arrived on a free - and he turned out to be pap as well.

And of course there was Franny Jeffers ;-)

-- Mon May 16, 2011 11:42 am --

And this is worth a read.

It seems he fails when he spends big!!

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31663<br /><br />-- Mon May 16, 2011 11:44 am --<br /><br />And this WOW!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=piruthZqw9z7KPOQuZ0P6Gg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.