Arsenal/Wenger - What next?

Blue Haze said:
Arse would have to fall out of the top 4 for several seasons before the board would ever contemplate firing him.

He makes them elite CL revenues on a shoestring transfer budget. From a business perspective, why should they change? The fans are pissed about trophies but the board could care less as long as they're a financial juggernaut.
They could get away with that while they were more or less guaranteed top 4 every season but they aren't anymore. We're there now and Liverpool & Spurs could be snapping at their heels next season.

If Wenger even considered getting Upson, Parker and Green I think there would be a riot among Arsenal fans. Arsenal need better quality players than that. It seems to me they have a large squad full of dross, not including Fabregas, Van Persie, Nasri and Wilshere. They should have a smaller squad that is made up of higher quality players.

I don't get all the fuss about Wenger. At any other club in World football he woud've been sacked long ago. Arsenal are a weird club you never actually know who owns it, what the financial situation is etc. It's all smoke and mirrors. Wenger is being blamed by the fans for not buying top expensive players but is it the board/owner who won't give him any money? If it is that he's not being given the money surely if he had any pride he would tell the board give me a large transfer fund or I will resign and tell the fans the truth. If he did that Arsenal fans would back him 100% and things would get very ugly. He holds the power so surely it must be him who doesn't want to spend. Like the famous quote, 'it's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.'

they need a new coach imo... the players are no longer responding the coach and thus explain why they didn't win the title this year. i thought once we were out of the running for the title, Arsenal would win it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.