Arsenal

blueyorkie

Over the last 10 years or so I would guess that most people had a great deal of respect for Arsenal both in terms of the way they played and also the way they handled themselves as a club. I suspect that has changed markedly in the last couple of years.
The behaviour of their fans towards ex players such as Adebayor and Nasri speaks volumes for their lack of class. I can recall a number of players leaving City in a poor fashion but I cannot recall such abuse and vitriol being aimed at them. Pathetic, just a shame that Nasri wasn't able to score a la Adebayor.

As bad is the attitude of their players, Van Persie a top player but his lack of class in the aforementioned game where Adebayor scored was appaling and his behaviour during and after was terrible. Now we see a no mark player in Frimpong mouthing off, hopefully he will meet his match very soon and he might learn that you be able to play before talking big.

Their owner and Chief Exec have slagged us of recently instead of sorting their own considerable issues out but hey they are Arsenal they are immune from criticism.

A former classy club is being turned into a sad excuse of a once top club largely down to an in built green streak down its back.

I disagree about Nasri

As Wenger said in his post-match when you love someone and they leave it's a reaction that happens.

Frimpong is just that kind of player and a no-nonsence character. Obviously he dealt Nasri out of the game and Nasri was angry about his rough treatment, but nothing so bad it's not welcome in football.

Van Persie's comments in the past have been pretty unacceptable though.

As I indicated in another thread, I thought it was a breath of fresh air to play against Arsenal after Liverpool diving everywhere. They have lots to look forward to in Cochlane, Frimpong and O-Chamberlain.

Wenger said it best, they reacted like that because they loved him. Look at liverpool fans with Torres, its always the one you really love that bring the bitterness out of you....human reaction

Couldn't agree more mate. Arsenal do something that I thought was impossible - they make me like Spurs. I was speaking to someone well connected at Arsenal this weekend and they think that their transfer policy is suicidal as they haven't replaced like with like, let alone improved the squad.

They've received about £200m in player sales over the last 5-6 years and what have they got to show for that? Loads of Arsenal fans tweeting that Aguero cost £11m more than their whole team last night and they were the better team. Well there's two answers to that; the first is that they got £70m in player sales last season and could have bought two Aguero's with that but they pissed it away on crap.

The other is that they may feel they were the better team last night but they lost and, for the second successive game at their place, they failed to score against us. So Arsenal fans - if Wenger's "shrewd" dealing makes you feel better then fine. But don't complain when you sink into mediocrity because of it.

Thursday nights on Channel 5 beckons for them next season.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Couldn't agree more mate. Arsenal do something that I thought was impossible - they make me like Spurs. I was speaking to someone well connected at Arsenal this weekend and they think that their transfer policy is suicidal as they haven't replaced like with like, let alone improved the squad.

They've received about £200m in player sales over the last 5-6 years and what have they got to show for that? Loads of Arsenal fans tweeting that Aguero cost £11m more than their whole team last night and they were the better team. Well there's two answers to that; the first is that they got £70m in player sales last season and could have bought two Aguero's with that but they pissed it away on crap.

The other is that they may feel they were the better team last night but they lost and, for the second successive game at their place, they failed to score against us. So Arsenal fans - if Wenger's "shrewd" dealing makes you feel better then fine. But don't complain when you sink into mediocrity because of it.

They have to sell more than they buy for to pay for their stadium maybe? Kroenke is loaded, but if he doesnt want to spend his own money......the club has to do this. I dont see the big deal....plenty of clubs do this to survive

Calcio said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

They have to sell more than they buy for to pay for their stadium maybe? Kroenke is loaded, but if he doesnt want to spend his own money......the club has to do this. I dont see the big deal....plenty of clubs do this to survive

The stadium is self funding from the highbury development and match day revenue plus the Emirates sponsorship deal. The reason you dont get top rate players even though you can afford them is because Wenger is stuck in 1998 when top players earn £40k a week. Its a sad state of reflection when top players wont move for under £100k a week but that is the way it is

Calcio said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Not quibbling with their business model as such. It's what a lot of lower league clubs used to do in the old days but it's what they do with their money that you can question. They sold Nasri for £24m and bought Arteta, Gervinho & Park. The first of those is a decent player but he's much older than Nasri so has no resale value. Gervinho and Park could be completely hit-and-miss. They paid £12m for Oxlade-Chamberlain when we paid half that for AJ.

A net £40m has come in from sales in the last three seasons. That's an Aguero and when you're in severe danger of losing CL revenue (£30m prize money alone last season plus probably another £15m in other income) you can't afford not to be spending that on proven quality.

fanscity.gif

Any excuse to post this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.