Arteta announced as new Arsenal manager

I think that within the context of MCFC Pep is undoubtedly the driving force and the other faces are but minor ones, although in their own way, essential, but replaceable! I'd like Our Tater to stay 'cos I think he has built up genuine rapport with the squad. The question I would ask is why didn't he get the job ahead of Dick Emery in the first place?

I think KDB should focus on his football and not comment on these things. Arteta's departure could be a serious blow for us because I believe the management sees him as the man to replace Pep when the day comes. He is as close as you get to a Guardiola-styled coach, the one that understands our football philosophy probably better than most coaches in the world. Just imagine the things he learned over the years by studying Pep up-close. For me, Arteta is the man to lead Man City when Pep is done here. He is our future. And here comes the fkng gunners and steal him away? It pisses me off. I consider this a major blow. It's not the same as when Dominic Torrent left.

not convinced he would have been the number one choice.

Star for what it’s worth - ‘Liverpool great Alonso and former Arsenal defender Giovanni van Bronckhorst are said to be his first two targets for the role.‘

Are Arse fans ever happy?

No and that's part of the problem! It's a poisoned chalice for whoever takes the job. Not only is a massive clear out required but they need to replace with quality players who have the right attitude, which is a big ask for any manager. Their fans are amongst the most entitled in the league and are unlikely to give the new manager time. Emery had a great track record and needed support, it was never going to be a quick fix.

Arteta might get slightly longer than someone with no links to the club but I can still see them turning on him when inevitably they struggle to challenge for the top 4. If I was an Arsenal fan I would be pretty unhappy to see Everton appoint Ancelotti while Arsenal are linked with someone with no experience as a manager, club legend or not.

Not sure how long he has been assistant to Pep but he has seen the way Pep dealt with players who refused to change or were shall we say too vocal in the dressing room.
It took Pep a year or so to adjust to PL styles but he will not need that learning curve.
Arsenal need this change rapid or they risk dropping to dangerous levels.

If they appoint him they must back his methods.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.