Arteta announced as new Arsenal manager

Something is niggling me about all this. I just wonder if this not about Arteta; just Arsenal trying to get a handle on Pep's methods.

I really hope City have Arteta hooked in to a water tight NDA, and that he has the integrity to honour it.
Arsenal have signed the best manager willing to take the post...

Not sure what you mean about NDA...

Areteta could disclose every single signing he knows that City may be secretly pursing to Arsenal... Arsenal ownership wouldn't give a shit - it's all about trying to make money at Arsenal, meanwhile having zero clue as to how to build a winning side.

Arteta -will likely be sacked by the end of the season (huge mistake by Areteta for taking the job... not sure where he'll wind up next) through no fault of his own (aside from accepting the Arsenal post in the first place).

all the best managers know the game inside out and if they really pushed to say it they don't need a first coach ? other than its giving something back to the game and something for ex-footballers and a learning post, your manager should be fully in control of the job at his club, from top to bottom to the tea lady all controlled by the manager, yes the coach is the link between the players and manager and the coach can work one on one with somebody, but at the end of the day goes home without any much pressure about what he has to do for the next game and pick or leave out a player

for me arteta could be a top manager in time and at the right club ? but its to early and wrong club, there is no foundations built at arsenal and they are a mess and all over the place, the board and the owners are not really doing a good job and go hiding when questions need answering , at the end of the day its still the same players that down tools for the last manager and they will again, more than one or 2 players at arsenal are just taking the piss, if anybody else think arteta can stand up to them because of what he has done in football or because of being number 2 to pep are sadly wrong

good luck arteta and remember from now on its your job to get results and nobody else to hide behind

A post on BM that makes sense!
Depends how well? Top four is doing well for the arse. But City manager is a big position now. Our owners are more willing t o spend and we are in better position for more trophies. If city decide to go for Arteta I'm sure he will at least think of coming back.

He may well have some of Pep’s ideas but he most certainly hasn’t got the players to implement them.
He’s in for a tough time with probably the most impatient fans in the league.
Other than the 5 mill a year I don’t envy him...

I've said it before and I will say it again as it's Christmas, Vinnie is the perfect replacement for Arteta ..... People keep harping on about him being at his hometown, boyhood club, his hometown is now Manchester, City are HIS club.... He would be amazing, he would galvanise the team, the club the fans.... It's a no brainer, if I was Pep, I would be on the first plane to Belgium before Arteta cleared the building...

Vinnie will manage us one day regardless but a few seasons under Peps tutelage would hone his skills no end, he could then step up when Pep leaves ....

So do you rate Kompany then, or what?

He's backed himself but he's definitely jumped too early. Emery had managed at 6 clubs previously over a 14 year period before joining Arsenal and he failed there. Unless they are going to spend a very lot of money no manager will succeed there. Especially someone in their first job.

Agreed, although he’ll get a pass for the rest of this season won’t he?

Why can’t we just be happy for him.
I couldn't personally give a f**k now he's gone, I don't think he's handled it very well, arsenal certainly haven't, to be on our bench when we battered them last week, and then talking to their officials without our knowledge a few hours later is pretty poor form in my view, even worse that he was on our bench again on Wednesday night.

He's had his time here, and he won't get it again, so I've little interest in what he does from now on, so long as there are no dodgy goings on that impact on City, I also hope that this weeks distraction hasn't had any impact on our game tomorrow, its difficult enough as it is, without all this playing out all week.

Thanks and all that, but I'm not going to hope he does well at Arsenal because I can't stand them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.