Jose Mourinho | Sacked by Roma (p34)

I know you would have beat these anyway

but it's madness they sacked him before a cup final
I would hazard a guess that levy didn’t want the complications of having to sack Jose if they had won the league cup while he was still in charge. Shit for the fans but for the board a straightforward decision.

Last edited:
I know you would have beat these anyway

but it's madness they sacked him before a cup final

Nah. We'd have been no better, and quite possibly a lot worse, had he still been in charge.

The mistake, such as it was, was not to sack him after the Zagreb fiasco a month earlier.

I've been watching that 'All Or Nothing' Spurs thing on Prime recently - what the fuck are Kane's rallying cries all about? They all hold hands, form a semi-circle, then he feebly shouts out words along the lines of 'Let's fucking 'ave 'em', and then off they go to star in yet another of Maureen's 0-0 masterclasses. Surely he must feel like some uber cûnt when he and his colleagues trudge miserably off the pitch after another dismal display, knowing that less than two hours earlier he had stood in that same dressing room to which they are all now heading and delivered a so-called rousing speech of solidarity to his battle-worn brothers that was intended to fire up their emotions, put a bit of fire in their respective bellies. Instead he's about as fucking awe-inspiring as Charles Hawtrey.

And all that dare-is-to-do crap around the stadium...FFS! The one club in the entire history of world football that has the unenviable reputation of being serial bottlers, and they put stuff like that around the ground, literally inviting ridicule.

Those "speeches", if they can even be described thus, were indeed cringeworthy.

But I don't see what's so wrong about signage bearing the motto, Audere Est Facere - To Dare Is To Do. Clearly, Spurs don't always live up to it. And especially not under Mourinho. But then, that's true of pretty much every club and every club motto in existence. Take Everton, for example. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - Nothing But The Best Will Do. How often has that genuinely applied to them? Likewise most other organisations and businesses that have some kind of motto.

What matters is that a motto is a link to the past. It is a reminder of a club's founding ideals and aspirations. And it is surely an even more important reminder at times when a club has lost its way - as Spurs most certainly did under Mourinho.

But I don't see what's so wrong about signage bearing the motto, Audere Est Facere - To Dare Is To Do. Clearly, Spurs don't always live up to it. And especially not under Mourinho. But then, that's true of pretty much every club and every club motto in existence. Take Everton, for example. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - Nothing But The Best Will Do. How often has that genuinely applied to them? Likewise most other organisations and businesses that have some kind of motto.

What matters is that a motto is a link to the past. It is a reminder of a club's founding ideals and aspirations. And it is surely an even more important reminder at times when a club has lost its way - as Spurs most certainly did under Mourinho.
Pride In Battle

Exactly what I was thinking.

There wasn’t much pride in our battles in the late '90s, when that motto was in its infancy.
Wasn’t much pride in our battle when we were getting panned 3-0 by Forest in the cup in 2009 or throwing a cup final in 2013 because players had seen their arses.

Those Latin mottos are bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.