Ash Barty

Strange decision. She's achieved what she wanted to but no doubt she'll come out of retirement in a year or two because she will be unable to find the same buzz and drive from anything else.

Lots of top sports people needing that time out now, which is fair enough. The commitment to the training, lifestyle, travel etc particularly in an individual sport is incredible. Far too young to call it a day though, just needs a break.

Interested in getting back into cricket. Does she qualify to play for England - we could do with a decent opener (mens team that is!)

Being a tennis professional must have been pretty soul destroying over the past 2-3 years. Touring, quarantining and playing to no one.

If you don’t love the game 100% and have enough money to do what you want, I guess you’d find a way out if you weren’t enjoying it.

I guess when you have won $17m plus in career earnings alone, the world is your Oyster in terms of what you want to do. Money suddenly becomes secondary to happiness. Good luck to her!

I suppose the pressures at the top can weigh heavy on some? She is not alone in that is she?
I don't think it's about pressure for her TBH, she just doesn't have the drive to put all of that hard work into something she doesn't particularly love. Be interesting to see what she'll do now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.