Ashley Smith Brown

Reading through those quotes (a tortuous process) I'd say that the majority seem to be saying that the boo's were aimed at the coach for subbing him (?) in the last minute when I think he's come on as a sub himself?

They don't seem that impressed with him that said but they do seem happy with Barker.

I think there was booing as he was subbed on, after he put in a bad display after Eindhoven the week before. There's a debate as to whether it was aimed at ASB or the coach's decision but either way it's a tough experience for him.

The consensus seems to be that he played well in the first few games but has rapidly deteriorated and shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. Shame.

Does not seem to have a recent thread for this guy.

He has been performing well for NAC Breda, albeit in 2nd tier of Dutch football. What are the opinions on here of him going forward. He will have 2 years left on his contract from summer 2017. I think he could be a shout at Left back where he has been playing for NAC. He could be our no. 2 backup. Angelino can get another year under his belt on-loan. Then evaluate who is the better of the two season further on.

Smith-Brown has England Youth caps at every youth level and has been Captain if memory serves me right in past of City youth teams. Will be 21 in March. Time to give him a steep learning curve from next season and see how he handles it. A lot of other premier league teams would probably have given him some experience by now.

At 21 next month he'd have to be setting the world alight in the league above if he was to make it here.

Why would City give him a contract until 2019 and not be considering him for the first team? Ok admittedly that was probably before Pep came here and maybe Pep doesn't see much in him.

I don't think he needs to be setting the World alight in the Eredivisie top level to be our backup left back, but I appreciate your opinion.

Why would City give him a contract until 2019 and not be considering him for the first team? Ok admittedly that was probably before Pep came here and maybe Pep doesn't see much in him.

I don't think he needs to be setting the World alight in the Eredivisie top level to be our backup left back, but I appreciate your opinion.

The EDS is a business, keeping him here for 3 years allows him to go out on loan for 2 and put himself in the shop window to make some money on. I think ASB isn't good enough for City but will have a good career elsewhere. He's versatile and solid and most teams need someone like that in their squad.

It isnt even the Eredievise. It's Jupiler League, their equivalent to the Championship. He is nowhere close to our first team and probably never will be. Hopefully he can have a good career and maybe become a decent Championship player but doubt he will reach a higher level than that.

Well have to disagree on both points, but as the post above mentioned their fans didn't think he should be anywhere near their first team - that's hardly evidence hes good enough for our squad.

It isnt even the Eredievise. It's Jupiler League, their equivalent to the Championship. He is nowhere close to our first team and probably never will be. Hopefully he can have a good career and maybe become a decent Championship player but doubt he will reach a higher level than that.

It might be the equivalent to their Championship based on levels in the pyramid system but the true levels are lower. Probably lower half League One/Top half League Two. There's a few reserves sides of Ajax, PSV etc in that league. Great for experience though and it's good to see all our lads (even Manu Garcia now) getting game time.

Not sure he was ever gonna make it at City, but he's definitely a tidy player and could be one of those that slowly surprises us and works his way to the Premier League by his mid 20s. A good little player though and I expect him to move on soon and get permanent football somewhere.

Not sure he was ever gonna make it at City, but he's definitely a tidy player and could be one of those that slowly surprises us and works his way to the Premier League by his mid 20s. A good little player though and I expect him to move on soon and get permanent football somewhere.

It's always difficult for a player to come through when they have played so many positions. He has played RB, LB, CB, DM if i am not mistaken. Even at Breda he was played various positions i have read. Jack of all trades master of none comes to mind, but agree with what you said, he is solid and versatile enough to a squad player every club needs and he doesn't seem to get injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.