Asked to buy tickets for Napoli fans in City end.

Segregation makes things worse in my opinion. Perhaps with a few exception like Celtic v Rangers its completely unnecessary. My biggest hate at football games is the knobheads that spend all game posturing to the fans the other side of the barrier. Take the barrier away and sit them next to the opposing fan and they'd end up having a chat rather than trying to incite violence. They would both see more of the game too.

This debate reared its head for the Arsenal v Cologne game a few weeks ago. The match passed peacefully with the only exception of some Cologne fans trying to force their way in when it appeared they wouldn't be allowed in otherwise. Once inside I've seen loads of photos and videos of them getting on well with the Arsenal fans. Having attended matches abroad too, segregation isn't enforced and people cope.

From my point of view having Sat next to psg fans in the city end of its rally fkin annoying when they start cheering their team, our cards, our misses etc. Not pleasurable, fkin rude tbh, I am there with my fellow fans and don't want to hear them being pleased while we are getting beat

The chances of any Napoli fans sitting on their hands if they score are approximately 0.
You'd be crazy to go along with this.

A mate of mine has just asked me if I can get two tickets on my season ticket for two friends of his who are Napoli fans for the CL game later this month. I can’t make the game.

The guys in question are Italian, nice blokes, 40’s, sensible, will keep quiet and not celebrate if they score etc.

For me personally I’d love to sit next to an opposition fan (especially for a European game) and have a good chat about the game and invite them for a pint after the game and show them some Manc hospitality. But I often see threads on here where people are fuming that opposition fans are in our stand. Something needs to done about it.. etc.

Pretty sure we won’t sell out for this game so not depriving a City fan of a seat.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

I have had a few feyenoord supporting friends ask me for tickets for the game in a few weeks, I don't mind as they do come to City few times to watch the blues play as that is their second team.

However, could be slightly different this time round and don't fancy getting into trouble with the club

Don't do it mate. No matter how sensible or quiet they are, there's the risk that some balloon will take offence and kick off with them... and you will have to deal with the fallout, which would probably be your seasoncard suspended or worse

Depends how well you know them. I organised a trip to the City vs Juventus game two seasons ago with a few guys from work including two Italians who were Juve fans. They were warned to sit on their hands and were good as gold - although they did say afterwards that they were finding it really difficult. Particularly as Juve won...

They're coming to the Napoli game as well this time but as they hate them I'm not anticipating any problems this time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.