Guardiola's best signing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite bizarre Torres is rated highly so soon and without many games, someone gave him a 9 FFS, laughable
Apart from his finishing I’ve been underwhelmed so far. He’s done absolutely nothing if he’s not got on the end of something

Apart from his finishing I’ve been underwhelmed so far. He’s done absolutely nothing if he’s not got on the end of something

Yeah looks a good finisher, needs more games and some experience before we see what he can do. I agree so far he has been quiet for long periods of games.

Hopefully just settling in.

I feel like only being able to pick 1 person in this poll skews the data a little bit. For example I genuinely don't believe anyone thinks Sané was the best signing we've made under Pep for instance. It also could possibly result in meek viewing for someone like Laporte who I imagine is in many poster's top 3 but maybe not the top 1. So being able to vote on the 3, 4, or 5 best signings would give a better idea as to where he ranks and everyone else ranks.

Also Dias being rated as so many people's pick feels a bit biased in some way, especially given how early days it is.

Was thinking the same thing about Dias, far too early to be saying he is the best signing. Fingers crossed that becomes the case though. I voted Walker, but was torn between him, Ederson and Laporte as they have played a key part in what we have won since pep joined.
I feel like only being able to pick 1 person in this poll skews the data a little bit. For example I genuinely don't believe anyone thinks Sané was the best signing we've made under Pep for instance. It also could possibly result in meek viewing for someone like Laporte who I imagine is in many poster's top 3 but maybe not the top 1. So being able to vote on the 3, 4, or 5 best signings would give a better idea as to where he ranks and everyone else ranks.

Also Dias being rated as so many people's pick feels a bit biased in some way, especially given how early days it is.

Ake below Nolito is extremely harsh, considering he’s been injured and hasn’t even completed a season yet.

He’ll also definitely be here next season because he’s not a soft arse who can’t live somewhere under 20 degrees every day.

Its quite a list and to be fair he has mostly got a tune out of the vast majority.

1.Unequivocal success:

Ilkay Gundogan
Leroy Sané
Gabriel Jesus
Bernardo Silva
Ederson
Kyle Walker
Aymeric Laporte
Rodrigo Hernandez
Joao Cancelo
Ruben Dias
Ferran Torres

2. Reservations or too soon to tell

John Stones (looking for promotion to cat 1.)
Claudio Bravo
Benjamin Mendy
Riyad Mahrez
Zack Steffen
Nathan Aké

3.Poor signings

Nolito
Danilo

4. Was given little chance so cant judge

Angelino
This is an excellent post and sums things up nicely. Bit of a quibble with respect to Mendy who I think has turned out to be a poor one injury or not.

Was thinking the same thing about Dias, far too early to be saying he is the best signing. Fingers crossed that becomes the case though. I voted Walker, but was torn between him, Ederson and Laporte as they have played a key part in what we have won since pep joined.
Yeah I personally went for Ederson, but technically that means that I effectively rank everyone else (including Walker and Laporte for example) on the same level as Bravo as they each get the same 0 votes.

That's why we need to be allowed more voting choices to make things a tad fairer.

Good point. I've changed it so people can vote for their top 5 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.