Aston Villa (A) - Post-Match Thread

Lads did well,

Mike Dean was a fucking embarrassment gave villa everything and help give villa and their fans a lift. Dean really did have an effort on this match.
Something needs to be said about this. I dont normally moan about the ref but this was really bad today.

- That was never going to be an easy game, and while I didn't enjoy the second half of it was essentially won in the first half.

- Every player ran themselves into the ground. If we don't win the league this year it won't be because of a lack of effort or commitment.

- No Gundogan, no Stones, no Kev, no Foden, no Laporte, no Walker, no Grealish. We'll get no sympathy given our squad, but at the very least 4/6 of those players would play in a CL final tomorrow with a fully fit squad. That's an impressive result all things considered.

- Another decent performance from Sterling. He's an asset, long may it continue.

- Bernie is in some form. That goal. Oooof. He makes it look so easy.

- Dias is a proper leader. We were so lucky to get him. He looks like he was born to defend a tight 2-1 on a December Wednesday night away at Villa.

- Edit: Aways funny to be on here when people moan that the media never give us credit, then after a game they are praising a hard fought but professional display and the same team is getting roasted on here for not strolling to a 10-0 victory.

I thought Douglas Luiz looked pretty good for Villa this evening. Maybe we should have activated that buyback clause?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.