Aston Villa (h) May 22

I am going to the match Sunday. I have never been to Manchester and am staying the city centre. I have read that the Great Manchester Run is taking place on the same day. Any advice on best way to get to the ground with all the road closures from the city centre?

I am going to the match Sunday. I have never been to Manchester and am staying the city centre. I have read that the Great Manchester Run is taking place on the same day. Any advice on best way to get to the ground with all the road closures from the city centre?
Get the tram to Ashton and get off at the Etihad Campus. Have a look at the Metrolink website / app to find your nearest tram stop (I assume Picc Gardens).

Thank you. This is very helpful. I'll be staying at the moxy so i think it's Deansgate? Looks like that will work, though.
If I were you I’d head to Deansgate - Castlefield tram station and get it from there. It’s a few stops before Picc Gardens so will be quieter (in theory - I think it’s going to be carnage this weekend due to the run, so I’d advise getting it early).

If I were you I’d head to Deansgate - Castlefield tram station and get it from there. It’s a few stops before Picc Gardens so will be quieter (in theory - I think it’s going to be carnage this weekend due to the run, so I’d advise getting it early).
Does the Deansgate station go straight to the Etihad campus or do I have to switch at Picc Gardens? Also what is the diff between the Piccadilly tram stop and the piccadilly gardens? Looks like they're two diff stops from the map.

Does the Deansgate station go straight to the Etihad campus or do I have to switch at Picc Gardens? Also what is the diff between the Piccadilly tram stop and the piccadilly gardens? Looks like they're two diff stops from the map.
Make sure you go to Deansgate-Castlefield which is the tram stop, Deansgate is a train station (both close so if you end up at the latter, don’t worry - you’re not far).

The tram you want is to Ashton, which you can get from Deansgate-Castlefield.

Piccadilly Gardens is the gardens, basically the middle of town.

Piccadilly Station is about 5 - 10 minutes walk from the gardens and is the main train station for the city.

Both will be busier than Deansgate-Castlefield, so if you can, I’d recommend getting it from there which is an earlier stop so should be quieter (although we’re yet to see how much impact the race will have).

HI I KNOW ITS A VERY LONG SHOT , BUT IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A TICKET GOING SPARE WOULD YOU PLEASE LET ME N KNOW. BEEN A CITY SUPPORTER FOR 57 YEARS AND WOULD LOVE TO AT THE GAME ON SUNDAY

My e tickets have not been sent yet,shd I start thinking about calling the ticket office.ive normally recieved them buy now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.