Aston Villa (H) Post Match Thread

In an ideal world the back four would have been Walker stones Laporte and Cancelo. However Ake stones and Walker were all concerns regarding injuries. Ake must have really been struggling if he couldn’t play from the start. Ferna was caught out far too many times but he himself was struggling with injuries and is not a natural centre back.

I think pep was trying to manage the risk as much as possible. Stones and Walker both rushing back against Madrid possibly cost us. To lose both of those if they started would have been a catastrophe.

I feel for Ake as he was starting to get a bit of form at the end of the season.

Beginning to feel absolutely drained now.
Weird innit. I'm sure I wasn't like this in 2012.
Maybe I'm just 10 years older, or maybe the last few weeks were incredibly draining. We all knew we were beginning to be "patched" up defensively and that thought never really went away for me.
It's not often I look forward to the close season, but at the moment it's just great to have no bleeding stress every few days.

Weird innit. I'm sure I wasn't like this in 2012.
Maybe I'm just 10 years older, or maybe the last few weeks were incredibly draining. We all knew we were beginning to be "patched" up defensively and that thought never really went away for me.
It's not often I look forward to the close season, but at the moment it's just great to have no bleeding stress every few days.
The weeks of stress, the match, the drink and the blubbing at the various videos of the day, has finally caught up with me.

Yes imo he messed the defence up.
Ferna should have been nowhere near the line up.
Stones should have started as CB and if he broke down then Ake could have come in.
I know neither were fully fit but to shoehorn Ferna in again after his west ham performance was asking for trouble against villas forwards.

For me the better choice was to gamble on Stones and Ake.
That was my observation but he reacted well at the end with Gundogan and Sterling subs.
The day when you know how our team fits together better than Pep Guardiola is the day I buy and reopen Woolworths so I can bare my arse in their front window

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.