Aston Villa (H) - Sun 22nd May, 16:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time when we have to won last game(at home)

f6e31a5c9d44b1f2ae8ac60134bb31d2.jpg
Nope.

Try 2-0 West Ham under Pelligrini.

There’s really no excuse for not winning this one. Villa play on Thursday and it’s their last home game of the season. I’m not buying the idea of Gerrard resting players or lying down to save it all for City. They are playing a team right in the midst of a relegation fight and will be seriously scrutinised if they don’t go for it.
I really don't know why anyone's buying into this Gerrard thing. He's the manager, he's not on the fucking pitch. Do all their players sleep under a King Kenny duvet set? Are Villa fans the only fans in the country who want to see the dippers win the title? Does Gerrard really wanna be seen by his employers as a scouse patsy?

It's bullshit. We're playing Villa. Not the spirit of Shankly. The "mighty" kop can't suck the ball into the net. Slippy can't bring himself on to score a 59 yard screamer. It's not Clanfield under the lights.

It's plain old Villa. At home. We got this.

Just noticed A.V. play Thursday v Burnley. Burnley hopefully going flat out trying to avoid the drop, Villa won't want to go out with a whimper last game of the season at home, so they will have to put the effort in ,and fingers crossed will then be on the beach,with nothing to play for.Or am I over thinking this with City spin.

We do have a great record against Villa. 11/11 in the Prem at home going back to 2007 when we were absolute crap under Pearce and lost that game.

11/12 home and away.

They are not one of our bogey sides…….yet :-)

I really don't know why anyone's buying into this Gerrard thing. He's the manager, he's not on the fucking pitch. Do all their players sleep under a King Kenny duvet set? Are Villa fans the only fans in the country who want to see the dippers win the title? Does Gerrard really wanna be seen by his employers as a scouse patsy?

It's bullshit. We're playing Villa. Not the spirit of Shankly. The "mighty" kop can't suck the ball into the net. Slippy can't bring himself on to score a 59 yard screamer. It's not Clanfield under the lights.

It's plain old Villa. At home. We got this.

He couldn’t win them the league when he was playing for them!

There’s really no excuse for not winning this one. Villa play on Thursday and it’s their last home game of the season. I’m not buying the idea of Gerrard resting players or lying down to save it all for City. They are playing a team right in the midst of a relegation fight and will be seriously scrutinised if they don’t go for it.
Sorry ,just posted more or less the same, didn't see your post till after mine.

A stat to help allay our fears; Villa have only beaten one top 8 team all season, the rags.

On paper we should win this maybe 2-0/3.0 but it’s the last game of the season for the title pressure does strange things to players,as we have seen numerous times in games not just involving City ..let’s just wait till Tuesday evening and see how the land lies ahead of Sundays games ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.