Aston Villa (H) - Sun 22nd May, 16:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most is the CL final which was 445 pages which will be had to beat.

Last two times we needed to win on the last day: Brighton (201) West Ham (151)

Not sure on QPR as I can't find the thread.

Some amusing posts in there now looking back...

I think weakest strongest sunday
And what would his current and future employers think of the idea of throwing a game they are likely to win in favour of one they are likely to lose at a cost to them of several million pounds (for league placing) in pursuit of a personal agenda?

Aston Villa 18/1 on Bet365, with early payout (instant payout if they go 2-0 up). 6.5/1 on a draw. We’re heavy, heavy favourites with Walker and Stones hopefully back.

Maybe we’re overthinking it.

Aston Villa 18/1 on Bet365, with early payout (instant payout if they go 2-0 up). 6.5/1 on a draw. We’re heavy, heavy favourites with Walker and Stones hopefully back.

Maybe we’re overthinking it.
Everyone knows that we’re hot favourites. But we also know that football has a tendency to cause shocks

And what would his current and future employers think of the idea of throwing a game they are likely to win in favour of one they are likely to lose at a cost to them of several million pounds (for league placing) in pursuit of a personal agenda?
They’ll wonder why they bothered hiring him if all he’s done is to take them from 16th to 14th. Might as well have kept faith with Dean Smith, or hired Eddie Howe. Both managers with integrity

We struggle to do this because in 90% of the games we play, teams set up to defend and to attempt hit us on the break. If the opposition scores they then just do away with the "hit them on the break" bit and defend with 9/10 defenders camped in an around their own box for the duration of the game.

Livarpool don't seem to face this tactic so much, their games are a lot more open and the opposition "have a go" more, and as a result their long ball tactics pay dividends.

You can't really argue with their results, but it's apples and oranges to a degree.
I've noticed this a couple years back. Teams actually have a go at them, whilst againts us they sit back and look for the ball over the top and counter-attack. Does that mean they fear us more?? I think teams realise we are a far better attacking team but Liverpool have a better defensive unit.

I've watched them a lot this season, they are long ball merchants, the better the team they're up againts the more they use the long ball tactics.

Againts weaker teams they swarm with intense pressure and the opposition buckles. They've done this to us a few times at Anfield but not since the 19/20 season, we're able to play out of their press easily now.

They're a top team, they've made us better, but this is where the rivalry ends and our dominance begins. Haaland is the final piece, the last time we had a fully fit elite 30+ games striker we should have done the Quadruple, the 18/19 team was exceptional, I'm looking forward to a new LB and Bernardo staying and we could reach new heights.

Not many realise that if we beat Villa on Sunday we become the 2nd greatest team in premier league history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.