Aston Villa (H) - Sun 22nd May, 16:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed this a couple years back. Teams actually have a go at them, whilst againts us they sit back and look for the ball over the top and counter-attack. Does that mean they fear us more?? I think teams realise we are a far better attacking team but Liverpool have a better defensive unit.

I've watched them a lot this season, they are long ball merchants, the better the team they're up againts the more they use the long ball tactics.

Againts weaker teams they swarm with intense pressure and the opposition buckles. They've done this to us a few times at Anfield but not since the 19/20 season, we're able to play out of their press easily now.

They're a top team, they've made us better, but this is where the rivalry ends and our dominance begins. Haaland is the final piece, the last time we had a fully fit elite 30+ games striker we should have done the Quadruple, the 18/19 team was exceptional, I'm looking forward to a new LB and Bernardo staying and we could reach new heights.

Not many realise that if we beat Villa on Sunday we become the 2nd greatest team in premier league history.
RE your first 3 paragraphs - It's a bit of a mixture of things IMO.

If teams are open against us, there's a chance that they lose by 4 or 5, which isn't good for their goal difference, so they sit and are trained to be disciplined and organised and try to nick a 1-0 (or whatever). But it's a very negative tactic and most players like to play rather than stop others from playing, so when they play livarpool, who don't often rack up BIG scores, they think they've got a better chance if they play to their own strengths rather than just trying to nullify the oppositions strengths.

RE your last line - Do you think the media will make a big point of this if we win? Or will they be too busy sucking dipper cock regarding the champs league final to even mention it? ;)

PS - I cannot wait to see Haaland, I think we're going to be unplayable with him in our line-up

I've noticed this a couple years back. Teams actually have a go at them, whilst againts us they sit back and look for the ball over the top and counter-attack. Does that mean they fear us more?? I think teams realise we are a far better attacking team but Liverpool have a better defensive unit.

I've watched them a lot this season, they are long ball merchants, the better the team they're up againts the more they use the long ball tactics.

Againts weaker teams they swarm with intense pressure and the opposition buckles. They've done this to us a few times at Anfield but not since the 19/20 season, we're able to play out of their press easily now.

They're a top team, they've made us better, but this is where the rivalry ends and our dominance begins. Haaland is the final piece, the last time we had a fully fit elite 30+ games striker we should have done the Quadruple, the 18/19 team was exceptional, I'm looking forward to a new LB and Bernardo staying and we could reach new heights.

Not many realise that if we beat Villa on Sunday we become the 2nd greatest team in premier league history.
It seems to me that they will play it on the floor against inferior teams, but if they struggle to score, then the old chase the ball like a pack of starving dogs approach takes over as they lump cross after cross into the area. What we can be sure of, even if we win the title again, the gurning werewolf will still be named pl manager of the year.

It seems to me that they will play it on the floor against inferior teams, but if they struggle to score, then the old chase the ball like a pack of starving dogs approach takes over as they lump cross after cross into the area. What we can be sure of, even if we win the title again, the gurning werewolf will still be named pl manager of the year.
I saw a really funny picture of the gurning man on here a few weeks back but cant find it. I'm looking forward to seeing it again so i can download it and send to all fellow blues come Sunday night.

"Gurning werewolf" love it! Never heard a better description of the odious tw@t.

Aston Villa 18/1 on Bet365, with early payout (instant payout if they go 2-0 up). 6.5/1 on a draw. We’re heavy, heavy favourites with Walker and Stones hopefully back.

Maybe we’re overthinking it.
Why not stick a tenner on a Villa win or draw, then even if we fuck up you'll win a bit of cash. Small consolation I know

We’re already the greatest team in premier league history !
We would have the second most number of titles
I know what you meant though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.