Aston Villa | EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D D

Deleted member 81382

I think Bravo, Cancelo, Silva and Aguero will all come in for this. Unsure whether we'll rest KDB or let him play this and then rest vs Sheff Wed. I'd keep Jesus in the team to build on his momentum and playing with two strikers worked pretty well at Villa Park.

Hopefully it's not a case of after the lord mayor's show with a great chance to bag our first trophy of the season and for Pep to be the first manager to complete the Caraboa treble.

Time to get another trophy in the bag. Bravo Cancelo Fernandinho Otamendi Mendy; Rodri D Silva De Bruyne; Sterling Aguero Foden.

One off game where anything can happen but I have no nerves for this, they’re a poor side in poor form with a few injuries and we’ve not long ago smashed them, this should be a routine win even if it is a final.

This isn’t what I want to see but more what I think we are likely to see. they’ll be a fair few changes for the sake of harmony here, a good chunk of the players missing out in Madrid will start with cancelo Fernandinho silva and Aguero all returning. Put zinchenko in as not sure on mendys fitness, mendy starts if he’s capable

Bravo
Cancelo
Otamendi
Fernandinho
Zinchenko
Rodri
Kdb
Silva
Bernardo
Mahrez
Aguero

Subs Ederson, Stones, Walker, gundogan, sterling, Jesus.

We should be able to put any XI out on the Wembley pitch and win the game, but with Sheffield Weds up next, I think it’s time for the big guns to win a trophy, play the “second XI” against SWFC, and save the big guns for OT thereafter. Clearly, Bravo, Zinchenko, Foden, Silva, Sterling and Aguero should all be fit and raring to go at Wembley.

We have a few more big games coming up and heavy rotation is going to be important.

Last edited:
I think unless we have a really bad day, we will win this game comfortably. Villa
Ship chances. Southampton had 28 attempts at the weekend to Villa’s 3. If we start well it could be a long day for Villa. Grealish is a threat but other than that I don’t see much in their side.

Bravo
Walker
Otamendi
Fernandinho
Mendy
Gundogan
KDB
D Silva
Mahrez
Aguero
Jesus

3-0

I suspect that new forward will score for them so the headline in our win will be the first goal scored by a player from X country at Wembley oh and City win again.

After WIGAN we can't take anything for granted, play our game get a good lead going into the 2nd half because last night might of drained a few mentally and physically
Exactly frog, let's not get arrogant and think we will just turn up and win. Never underestimate the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.