Aston Villa | EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Wills going to be there presenting the trophy on behalf of the FA? Given that he's a Villa fan I could see him doing so with clenched teeth if we won. Probably chuck it at Merlin whilst muttering 'cheating cnuts' under his breath.

(before everyone starts saying we're getting ahead of ourselves note use of the work 'if' - as City fan of >40 years standing, I take nothing for granted!)

I mentioned it in my above post but I want to list it out as it’s just so damn impressive.

Recent domestic trophies:

League Cup 17/18 - City
Premier League 17/18 - City
FA Cup 17/18 - Chelsea
Community Shield 18/19 - City
League Cup 18/19 - City
Premier League 18/19 - City
FA Cup 18/19 - City
Community Shield 19/20 - City
League Cup 19/20 - ????

Potentially 8 out of 9, then 8 out of 10 in 3 or 4 weeks obviously.
Brilliant post, ( and I know I'm a lazy twat, but could you possibly work Man City Women's triumphs into that list ?)

Pep Guardiola on
@Laporte
: "It's a hamstring injury, normally it's three weeks, more or less
"It’s tough and you have to work hard. Life is not easy and always in the world the people who survive are the ones who cope with the bad moments. It is what it is. Accept it, work hard to come back as soon as possible."

Pep Guardiola on the League Cup: "Being there again is a great achievement. Hopefully for the fans we can win it. The result the last day is past and we focus on the final. It is a different competition with a historic team.

Pep Guardiola: "It’s better to go play a final after a good result in Madrid but we cannot live a final thinking how good we were. Madrid is not done. I have thought that it is difficult to win at big clubs but it is challenging to beat them twice...

Pep Guardiola: "Big clubs can lose one game but two? It does not come often. But it helps us so football is about emotion and it is better to play a final with the character."

Pep Guardiola on coronavirus: "A worldwide situation. I hope authorities are serious and tell us as citizens. I think that is the most important thing. I think they are doing as much as possible worldwide to eradicate it but try not to cause alarm...

"They have a duty to inform us on the situation, be calm and work and live a normal life

I see a lot of you have Pep rotating.

this is a cup FINAL.

Strongest team available other than Bravo of course, because Pep pretty much confirmed it’s his spot... anyway don’t take Villa lightly, in case we are something like 3 goals up then we can rest players.

Bravo

Walker
Fernandinho
Otamendi
Mendy

Gundogan
De Bruyne
D.Silva

Sterling
Aguero
Jesus

Last edited:

this is a cup FINAL.

Strongest team available, don’t take Villa lightly, in case we are something like 3 goals up then we can rest players.

Bravo

Walker
Fernandinho
Otamendi
Mendy

Gundogan
De Bruyne
D.Silva

Sterling
Aguero
Jesus
Strongest tram available and you stick Bravo in goal haha

this is a cup FINAL.

Strongest team available, don’t take Villa lightly, in case we are something like 3 goals up then we can rest players.

Bravo

Walker
Fernandinho
Otamendi
Mendy

Gundogan
De Bruyne
D.Silva

Sterling
Aguero
Jesus
If that's your strongest team - Bravo over Ederson?

Strongest tram available and you stick Bravo in goal haha

If that's your strongest team - Bravo over Ederson?

Haha I thought the same thing. Nice speech about play your best team with FINAL in capitals then first name on the team sheet... Bravo!!!

Hahahaha should have wrote other than Bravo... will amend. As Pep has been clear that Bravo will play, obviously I’d prefer Ederson but it’s not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.