Aston Villa | EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of you have Pep rotating.

this is a cup FINAL.

Strongest team available other than Bravo of course, because Pep pretty much confirmed it’s his spot... anyway don’t take Villa lightly, in case we are something like 3 goals up then we can rest players.

Bravo

Walker
Fernandinho
Otamendi
Mendy

Gundogan
De Bruyne
D.Silva

Sterling
Aguero
Jesus

?

Hot start required, they will try to defend deep and take match deep.We need to start all guns blazing in first quarter and take lead. Anything can happen but we are too strong. I hope this match is more like the Watford final than it is Brighton type semi final or for that matter Chelsea style final

Just had a look on a Villa forum and one of the options for the result prediction is massacre. It is the most popular choice!
They are pinning such hopes as they have on mistakes from Bravo. And saying they'll at least sing louder than the City supporters.

Surely Gundogan can manage at DM against Villa, Rodri isn’t in top form anyway

Depends who plays where for Villa. If Grealish is pulling the strings we can't have Gundogan anywhere near him. I thought Gundogan played excellent vs Madrid so it would be a deserved selection but I just wouldn't consider him as strongest available.

Would be very typical City for us to win at the Bernabeu on Wednesday then lose to Villa on Sunday. Hopefully we win comfortably and the positive vibes from Wednesday will keep going.

Fucking'ell just seen the report and build to this weekend's games on BBC North West Tonight, well I think it was , because I wasn't sure if it was the West Midlands news I was watching, "City odds on favourites but so was Utd in 94 when they got beat off Villa" . They then spent the next couple of minutes talking about how Villa could pull a shock off (even showing a clip with Tony Dayle talking about how his team shocked utd) and then mentioned the Wigan final . Now anything can happen on the day but you wouldn't expect our local station to be so fucking negative !
Funny they didn't mention the last time us and Villa played!

Fucking'ell just seen the report and build to this weekend's games on BBC North West Tonight, well I think it was , because I wasn't sure if it was the West Midlands news I was watching, "City odds on favourites but so was Utd in 94 when they got beat off Villa" . They then spent the next couple of minutes talking about how Villa could pull a shock off (even showing a clip with Tony Dayle talking about how his team shocked utd) and then mentioned the Wigan final . Now anything can happen on the day but you wouldn't expect our local station to be so fucking negative !
Funny they didn't mention the last time us and Villa played!
Yes it was all about Aston Villa. They must be based in Merseyside to get that coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.