Atalanta (A) CL Pre-Match Thread

Atalanta (A) Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing now & just gone behind at home to Cagliari.
Ilicic straight red as well.
Seems their luck has escaped them completely today as they went down 0-1 with an own goal *before* Ilicic was sent off, as well.

It finished 0-2 to Cagliari.

There may be a reaction from them on Wednesday in an attempt to right the ship or they may be bereft of confidence. Will be interesting to see how Pep and co use (or don’t use) this result in our planning — there very well may be some tactical insights to be gleaned from Cagliari’s performance against them.

Don’t believe Pep will do it but I’d be sending out a side similar to the carabao cup team if it were up to me. The Atalanta game is almost meaningless, we need just one win to qualify from 3 remaining games. I don’t see the point in playing a full strength side to go through and then rest players for the last two games when we will have easier games surrounding them and hopefully less injuries to contend with too. We’ve given ourselves enough of a cushion in the group to potentially sacrifice a result if the worst comes to the worst.

Send out a second string and be fully ready for Liverpool. Fullbacks and dinho are going to be particularly vital for Sunday so should all get a rest.

Ederson
Cancelo
Otamendi
Garcia
Angelino
Gundogan
Kdb
Bernardo
Mahrez
Sterling
Jesus

Take your pick from Gundogan Kdb bernardo and Sterling to get subbed off early.

Ederson
Cancelo Stones Otamendi Angelino
Gundogan De Bruyne Bernardo
Mahrez Jesus Sterling

Think we’ll win but not massively important the result considering we’re very likely to beat Shakthar at home which would probably be enough to top the group. Shame Foden is suspended as would have been a chance to rest KDB. Definitely use this as a chance to rest Fernandinho as he’s played a lot recently, ideally bring KDB and Sterling off early as well. Will be good to see Bernardo in the centre again.

Bravo - then 10 academy players , this game means nothing
Liverpool will do the same against Genk , we will see no one of theirs first 11

Welp its all on them
But imagine a losing KDB in shit game like this just few days before going to klanfield

Bravo - then 10 academy players , this game means nothing
Liverpool will do the same against Genk , we will see no one of theirs first 11

You are wrong as Klopp will start with most of his stars. This is the CL, not the Carabao Cup. Liverpool can't afford to drop any points at home.

Let me put on record my view that even a full strength City team would lose at Atalanta as it's their last chance saloon and we can qualify as group winners with wins elsewhere. Better to rest our star players for Anfield, a game which we cannot afford to lose.

Would or could?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.