Atalanta CL (H) Post Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by jimharri, 22 Oct 2019.

1. Bill the Blue

Bill the Blue

Team supported:
    The only football team to come from Manchester!
    Really surprised they are bottom of the group with 0 points to be honest.
    They sold out their allocation and contributed to a great atmosphere..
    Hope they can make the Europa League with 6 points..

2. SWPISHOME

SWPISHOME

Really happy with that performance, Definitely a few stand out players.
    The first 15-20 minutes Atalanta looked a really good outfit playing with a high tempo but you knew deep down they couldn't keep up the high intensity for 90 minutes it was impossible.
    Sterling tonight was absolutely exceptional, He has the best off the ball movement in world football, Now his end product is making him the complete player. Phononemial.
    Really enjoyed watching Foden tonight too, Always wants to get himself into advanced positions and runs into the box to try get himself a goal.

Roll on Saturday.

kippax123 likes this.
  3. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

It seems that Abi Ofarim has a new start in life after his pop career- he's now one of Uefa's elite refs. That pink didn't do a fuckin' thing for him, mind. Joh Paul Gauthier designing Uefa referees' garb these days? they be kicking off in pink kilts next. I thought, once I'd seen his name in the proggy that he might have family still living it up in Prestwich and we'd get a decent shake from one of Uefa's chosen. He was passable for roughly 49mins and a handful of seconds. For the rest of the match the fucker was trying to audition for a turn at the Hammersmith Apollo. I know EddieGoodMan wasn't booked but was their another player, not the bench, who didn't get booked! I don't mind bookings but, hey, they didn't receive reciprocal cautions. Bent as a ten shekel note.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Burtonblue

Burtonblue

You’re correct
    The band thing was pure cringe
    Now if they’d put Johnny Marr up there...

Bluefen likes this.
  5. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I think Pep was pissed off with Roddi's injury and took it out on Stonesy. They had a conversation later on that looked the usual chat so all seems well in the end.

6. SWPISHOME

SWPISHOME

I do think Mendy foul was a yellow to be honest, Dont think he meant to go in and do damage but he was late and his studs were showing on top of going over the ball.
    Agree with dying to get the cards out though, The one for KDB and especially Foden was absolutely ridiculous.

7. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Once yer booking players with 87 mins left you have nowhere to go if things get a little out of hand, which they didn't! I just thought he was trying to show Lee Mason was a yellow card was, but it became farcical in the end.

8. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

I hope we play them in the final, I know that won’t happen, but fuck everyone else. Atalanta were a refreshing change. Played some nice stuff, and moreover, had no fucking drum!

gocity and BringBackSwales like this.
  9. OntarioBlue

OntarioBlue

No it’s not but Pep certainly looked pissed off and he let Stones have it.

10. bellbuzzer

bellbuzzer

some scintillating stuff, Ed's distribution a thing to behold, Raz far exceeding what level i envisaged for him. A few tangles at the back, imo their high press was not just effort, it was very well co-ordinated, gave us plenty of problems, but to be expected given how much injuries have jinxed us....and we missed 3 sitters, stupendous.......