Atalanta CL (H) Post Match Thread

He had to send him off. First one is debatable, but all in all, I think ref had a good game. Much better than usual CL refs.

You messing mate? Two fouls, two yellow cards? He could have easily had a word. No way a Liverpool player walks for those two fouls. Think the referee is envious that Phil is going to be a megastar and got his “tell the grandkids” story in already.

Just got home.

Good night. Great result.

This is the first time I've thought that foden was not being carried. He didn't go missing and did a similar job to merlin. He is growing up and i see huge potential, not just hope as he's a blue. Brilliant.

Enough said about our support tonight, a little bit pathetic tbh.

Night all. X

Just wondered where you got home from. It certainly was not the Etihad -;)

Dodgy at times and lacking in control of the game but some wonderful individual performances and an excellent result. Pep is one grumpy dude just now anyone with any insight into the reasons why?

There were a number of great performances for us last night, Raheem was downright unplayable and a joy to watch. For the statisticians, I wonder when if ever a city player scored a hattrick and a brace of assists. Gundogan was very good in the deep position. Kun worked hard all night and thoroughly deserved his goals (did Raheem trip him up in his hunger to get to his third?). Kev was good. Eddie must be pretty close to being the most effective goalkeeper for any team in the world. He is simply genius. Phil had a very good game and picked up an assist and he looked so at home in the centre of our midfield. Referee was very inconsistent handing out yellows like confetti. He didn't deserve the first at all but having been given it he was a bit daft to pick up an avoidable second. He will learn quickly. Hopefully this performance will lead to more in the PL where I would like to see him start at least every third game to give Dave some rest.

On the downside, I was left shaking my head in the first half at the performance of our fullbacks. For 30 minutes Kyle was just horrible. Mendy still gives the ball away far too easily for me. Hopefully this is all because of match rustiness. Mahrez had a quiet game albeit he pitched in with an assist. Shame for Rodri. We have no luck whatsoever with injuries. Otamendi was Otamendi when he came on. Some good robust defending with the inevitable 'dive in' foul. What is going on with Stones though. He looks shit. Like a guy that has had a few too may late nights, looked terrified from the get go and Atlanta played round him like he was a traffic sign. Ok the lad is just back from injury but he was seriously poor last night and looks deeply unhappy.

In his after game interview Pep was asked if he was pleased with the team performance. His answer was it was an excellent result. Certainly was but we lacked the ability to totally control possession that is evident when we are at our best. 9 points out of three and a win in Milan will see us qualify two games early which would be nice.

You messing mate? Two fouls, two yellow cards? He could have easily had a word. No way a Liverpool player walks for those two fouls. Think the referee is envious that Phil is going to be a megastar and got his “tell the grandkids” story in already.

Yep. First one could have been warning. I can see the booking in that one too, but as you said, it's first foul, he could have talk with hhim. Second one is booking from the book. I'd book my dad for that foul.

Wtf are talk sport on about today.

news reporter who ever she is praises spurs no end then says have I got time for City!

she then goes on to say sterling is proving a point to pep about champs league, stones should leave, pep rants at stones, foolish Foden got sent off & we are fooked Rodri now injured.

Did we loose 5-1 last night ?

FOOK OFF

(note to self don’t listen to shite on the way to work)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.