Atalanta (H) - CL - Pre-Match Thread

Atalanta (H) Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably does rate him highly, but these three minute cameos he keeps getting are a bit of an insult to Foden if you ask me. I really want him to get a run in the side soon, just something so rewarding watching one of our own in a blue shirt.
So if he does rate him he’s probably best placed to decide on how to get the best from him long term. I’m in no rush still a season or two before we can judge how he’s being handled and if it will pay dividends long term, but I have full confidence in Pep and Txiki knowing better than me.

It's not going to be a stroll on Tuesday,Atlanta are flying at the moment,won at Lazio over the weekend.need to play a strong side.
unfortunately not ended with a win for my team.. from 0-3 first half (could easily be 0-6) it ended 3-3 at 93rd minute with two doubtful penalties assingned to Lazio.
Our strongest player (Duvan Zapata 5 goals in 6 matches) is out injured probably for few weeks and won't be playing both CL games vs. City :(
"We" are an "all in" team: losing 7-1 (Vs. inter milan) and winning 8-0 away (in european league qualifier last year), recovering from 0-3 (Rome last year) and be recovered from 3-0 (last saturday) it's as easy as eating a dish of pasta for us:)
But believe me every match we play is to win an fun is guaranteed.. I just hope you won't have too much fun with us (goals) on tuesday ;) For sure it will be a nice football show between two teams who cares much more to score goals than defending...

Last edited:
Would like to see Mendy rested and see Angelino at LB, with Zinchenko playing DM; we can let Rodri go CB again he looked good.

I don't think that will happened though, would obviously like to see Phil as well, but it seems Pep doesn't trust him enough yet.

Atalanta seem shaky in defence. They should hope we are not clinical as it might get nasty.

Italian sides are always hard to beat and play well on the break, they looked like an attractive footballing team when i saw them last season, so draw not end of world but hope for a win.

They've been in poor form this season so I'm not as worried as I was when the draw was initially made. Think this will be a pretty random lineup, difficult to predict. Hope Foden plays but not so sure it'll happen after he was benched vs Zagreb. I'm ok with David playing as long as he's benched against Villa (so maybe Kev and Gundo could play at the weekend and Phil and Dave could play Tuesday). Pep basically confirmed Stones would start; not arsed who plays alongside him as long as Dinho gets a rest. If I had to guess I'd go with:

Ederson
Walker* Stones Ota Zinch
Foden Rodri Dave
Mahrez Aguero Sterling

*assuming he's not longer got the shits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.