Atalanta v Man City San Siro , Milan 6thNov Day Trip

spike144

DAY TRIP DETAILS

A chance to finally visit this iconic stadium before its imminent closure. This stadium is on everyone's bucket list of major world football venues.

Our previous experience of Milan over 25 years and many visits is that after a fairly long away supporter "lock in" at the ground, the city seems to be virtually shutdown by the time visiting fans leave and head back into town. Hence we are heading to the airport and flying back to Manchester after the game.

Depart Manchester 08.40 and arrive Bergamo Airport 11.55 Local time.

On arrival coach transfer from airport to San Siro.

People can have a wander around and generally get their bearings as to the stadium and where coaches will be after the match. From the stadium area you can get the new local metro into the city centre or take a tram. A lot of visiting fans often head to Duomo (Cathedral) Square. In the surrounding area there are plenty of bars and restaurants for you to enjoy the local hospitality.

The match does not kick-off until 9pm local time. The best way of getting to the stadium is by tram or metro. Traffic can be very bad and as a result getting a taxi can be a tedious experience.

After the match we will have buses waiting to take you back to the airport.

Return flight to depart 01.30 local time and arrive back to Manchester 02.55.

£ 299pp

*Price includes direct round trip flight Manchester - Milan, all airport taxes, ATOL cover.

*Match tickets - Please note we DO NOT supply match tickets.

AVAILABLE TO BOOK ONLINE AT WWW.SPORTOPTIONS.COM OR CALL SPORTANDMUSIC 01925 755222 9AM TILL 5PM MONDAY - FRIDAY

If you cannot attend for any reason, we will not offer refunds. Please take out travel insurance. However, we will offer a free name change up to 14 days before travel. After this there will be a charge of £60 per name up to 7 days before travel and £120 after.

Please make sure all details are correct at the time of booking - first and second name, passport details and card payment details. If this is incorrect it may result in cancellation of booking and possibility of not travelling.

For avoidance of all doubt please note we do not supply match tickets.

Tickets will be available through official channels.

why are Atalanta playing at the San Siro? am I missing a trick?

I didn't realise they were closing the San Siro. sad, its a beautiful stadium

Hi, I'm Paolo an Atalanta fan. Glad to help any question you may have on your away trip for this match.

Atalanta stadium does not respect UEFA rules and furthermore is currently undergoing an heavy partial rebuilding which is due to end in a couple of weeks.

Therefore we had to play away from Bergamo all our CL matches (like we did in the past 2 years in Europe League).
First choice was in Reggio Emilia, Mapei Stadium where we always played our european league matches in the past two years, which is a nice little stadium but over 200km away from Bergamo and not well served by airports.

Luckily, with AC Milan selfexclusion from E.L. 19-20 season, San Siro became the most attractive option as very close to our town and with much bigger capacity.
There were some stupid claims by AC Milan and Inter Milan fans who did not want anyone in their stands for this match (crazy I know) so probably the second ring of San Siro will be closed at the sides behind doors.

First ring has already been sold out for bundle 3 CL matches season card (about 16,000 sold) so they are probably going to open one or both longline stands on the second ring.

Currently there was no way to find out where away stand will be... in normal Serie A fixture it is usually on 3rd ring (crap seats crap view....). That's depend I think also on how many tickets request there will be.

I'm also looking for someone willing to help us to buy tickets for the Etihad match as away tickets were given exclusively to their travel partner which is squeezing fans so much (and we already have flights bought by ourselves).

Last edited:
why are Atalanta playing at the San Siro? am I missing a trick?

I didn't realise they were closing the San Siro. sad, its a beautiful stadium
Their ground doesn't meet UEFA standards I don't think
Its being rebuilt. One end will be done by the time we play them but they still have to do the other end next summer before they can get a European licence.

48472560891_865d42df42_b.jpg

I imagine we’ll get a pretty big allocation, given the size of the stadium.

In serie A fixtures usually away fans are given third ring stands (either blue or green, depending who is playing home AC Milan or Inter). They are far "high" behind doors (blue for instance are from 301 to 318). Considering Atalanta's most lively fans are to be in first ring green, third ring blue is the most likely away fanse are going to be placed.
Total capacity is around 4.5k but as far as i know Uefa usually cuts about 20% of normal capacity so about 3.5 to 4k will be allocated.
There is no official news so far about it, so take it as a personal guess based on what they usually do in San Siro Stadium fixtures.

Actually they are the worst possible places in this stadium, very high and steep, not so close to the ground. If they opened second ring orange it would be much better for anyone who wants to see better the match.

mappa-stadio-san-siro-milano.jpg

Reactions: Ric
From what I gather here, Atalanta have sold 15,823 group stage bundle tickets for their 3 home games as of today. Its been 15k-ish for the past week so that figure isn't growing much. I imagine they'll sell individual tickets on top of that and our game will be the highest attendance, but if you want a ticket for this you'll get one.

I think they've sold out the first tier of the blue, green and orange sections (not all orange sections were available - guessing VIP bits).

PS. Looks like Atalanta got an initial allocation of 2,700 tickets for Zagreb priced at €21, and then after discussions got another 300 tickets. I'd expect we might get charged a bit more, but don't think we'll need that many tickets (I'd guess maybe 750-1,250 might be going).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.