Athletics Thread

chesterbells

Well, seeing as the last “Athletics” thread I could find was last posted on in 2012, maybe a fresh one for this season is worth a dabble. Though it will be quite short lived if there’s no one else on here who loves the sport.

Also, gonna be a bumper summer with 3 big events; Commonwealths, Worlds, Europeans. Probably overkill in fact.

Just catching up on day 1 of the World Indoors at Belgrade (some pro-Russian demos on the streets there apparently).
Holly Mills put in a fabulous effort in the pentathlon, though a bit of a shame KJT didn’t bother with the 800m. Talking of which, cannae wait for Keely Hodgkinson in the 800 on Sunday. Providing we don’t get extra time in the match, should be perfect timing to channel hop.
Finally, bbc sport gets plenty of stick on here, but this athletics coverage is top drawer. Asher-Smith, Ennis-Hill & Lewis a decent panel and Jeannette Kwakye is a really knowledgeable host; a step up on Logan.

So that first post didn’t age well; Keely backed out this morning with a minor thigh muscle tear. Our best chance for gold on paper.
At least there won’t be a clash if we have to go to extra time tomorrow.

Monaco Diamond League on BBC3.

Brilliant run from Kipyegon nearly broke the 1500m world record of Dibaba's, .3 outside of it.

Great women's 100m race as well, fastest front 3 times ina race of all time I reckon. 10.72 only good enough for 3rd.

Noah Lyles might break Usain Bolt's 200m world record one day. 19.45 tonight, he was even faster at the World Championships.

Euros start in Monday in Munich and it’s the Worlds again next Summer in Budapest.
Excelent, love all the sporting events like the Olympics, Commonwealth Games etc, have been watching a little of the gymnastics on the BBC ted button and the crowd is so sparse in the arena, just shows the appetite for all sport in the UK, it would be packed if it was held over here.
I’ve also just found this from the Commonwealth Games, not something I would usually watch but the skill is something else.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/commonwealth-games/62449116

Excelent, love all the sporting events like the Olympics, Commonwealth Games etc, have been watching a little of the gymnastics on the BBC ted button and the crowd is so sparse in the arena, just shows the appetite for all sport in the UK, it would be packed if it was held over here.
I’ve also just found this from the Commonwealth Games, not something I would usually watch but the skill is something else.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/commonwealth-games/62449116
Krakow is hosting the European Games next Summer n’all. An Olympics-like multi-sports tournament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.