Athletics Thread

There's a bit of a rematch at the Zurich Diamond league meeting tomorrow evening. The first 4 from the men's 1500M at the Olympics are all due to race each other again over the same distance. So Kerr, Ingebrigtsen, Hocker and Nuguise. The 6th and 7th from the Olympics are also turning up. Should be a cracking race.
Growing up, the Weltklasse was always given the nickname of “The One Day Olympics” such was its prestige on the European circuit. The Ivo Van Damme in Brussels was well regarded too, but Zurich was always The One imho.

Loved the Mondo v Karsten race, hopefully more of that in the future, athletes going outside their events to compete with other athletes.

I will avoid ruining the result but the time was quick.

WC holder in Pole Vault vs 400 MOlympic Silver Medalist in 100 M race. The race took place today.

Really impressive how quick they are.

That speed is what makes him so special at the pole vault. Of course he has a great technique but without the speed he couldn't do what he does.

The greatest ever Field Athlete for me.

Notable mention for Jonathan Edwards.

That speed is what makes him so special at the pole vault. Of course he has a great technique but without the speed he couldn't do what he does.

The greatest ever Field Athlete for me.

Notable mention for Jonathan Edwards.

He's a phenomenal athlete. Mondo is arguably the face of the sport right now, how many field eventers have ever been able to say that?

Him and Karsten deserve a lot of respect for stepping out of the comfort zone. The time they ran also says a lot, people aren't always arsed about times and records as long as there is a story.

I find it bonkers that Grand Slam Track wants to ignore the field events. The events have never been the problem, the way they are presented and covered has always been the issue.

He's a phenomenal athlete. Mondo is arguably the face of the sport right now, how many field eventers have ever been able to say that?

Him and Karsten deserve a lot of respect for stepping out of the comfort zone. The time they ran also says a lot, people aren't always arsed about times and records as long as there is a story.

I find it bonkers that Grand Slam Track wants to ignore the field events. The events have never been the problem, the way they are presented and covered has always been the issue.
He's a superstar of the sport no doubt. My Sister, Brother In law and their kids were in the Olympic stadium watching Keely win Gold, but they said everybody stayed to watch Duplantis after all the track events had finished.

He has that X factor, where something special is about to happen at any given time.

Without researching it, I bet he's broken more World Records than anyone else in the history of the sport in a certain event or distance.

He's a superstar of the sport no doubt. My Sister, Brother In law and their kids were in the Olympic stadium watching Keely win Gold, but they said everybody stayed to watch Duplantis after all the track events had finished.

He has that X factor, where something special is about to happen at any given time.

Without researching it, I bet he's broken more World Records than anyone else in the history of the sport in a certain event or distance.
Bubka broke the record 17 times. They get a bonus in many events for a WR so vaulters are careful to break the record by the smallest margin possible.
Bubka also broke the indoor record 18 times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.