Atkinson says his view was obscured

fishing.jpg

This is nothing more than a witch hunt. It's a joke. De Jong won the ball fairly, and unfortunately the lad caught his leg.

I've heard that some on here have said De Jong should be banned, which is absolute bollocks, and these people have not played football and are not city fans. De Jong hasn't injured a player before in the prem, and one accident doesn't make him a malicious player. The ref saw it, and thought the same as everyone, good tackle.

I feel for Ben afra, as he has come in, and looked really good, but at the end of the day, it was just one of those things. I hope he comes back stronger, but in no way did de jong mean it, and this witch hunt must stop.

Absolute disgrace if this is true.

If De Jong gets a ban and we do nothing about it I'm going to be furious, I'm sick of City letting these clowns in the media spout their bile unchallenged and as for the FA...

Last season before Hughes got the sack he was due to ''explain his comments'' about Clattenburg when he'd sent Bellamy off at Bolton (Gave him a second yellow him for diving when he was clearly fouled) and had been overheard slagging Bellamy off at HT in the tunnel. Hughes got the sack and the FA dropped the case so it all got conveniently forgotten about.

Its clear from the videos posted that Atkinson had a perfect view of it, non of the Newcastle players complained either which tells its own story. But the FA always find a way to twist the rules to suit them, they did it with Adebayor (not condoning the kick at van Persie thats another issue) against Arsenal and SWP against Stoke.

De Jong did nothing wrong, and considering he's now being painted as the dirtiest man in football, how many red cards has he been given during his time at City? None.

Don't take this lightly City, we're not in the wrong here. Hopefully incidents like this will create a siege mentality in the dressing room, there's a lot of people out there who don't want us to succeed. I just hope we get to prove them wrong soon.

1.618034 said:
On another note... Did anyone hear the crack when his leg broke?

I was watching the game on TV & the Ryder cup on the laptop and thought the noise was someone hitting a shot at the golf until I realised they were walking up the fairway in Wales

If Atkinson changes his tune, it's because of the hysteria about the challenge, to me the lads foot must have got stuck in the turf because of the torrential rain, it was so unfortunate, no one likes this sort of thing and we all feel for Ben Arfa and Newcastle, Nigel de Jong should not be crucified by a media driven campaign, he did not intend to break the poor guys leg and to suggest he did is shameful.
What is happening if Atkinson claims he didn't see it properly is he is covering his own arse, bowing to the pressure.
Instead of celebrating second we are now getting beaten with another stick,
we'll have to get used to this now, Man City are hated, any Chelsea fan will tell us to get thick skinned quickly!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.