Atlantic hurricane season

I may be wrong but think there are more storms coming up via the Gulf of Mexico than hit the Atlantic.
Tampa has (and hopefully continues to) dodged the big storms in the 9 years I've lived here though the Gulf has hit the Panhandle, New Orleans and Texas on a number of times.
The Carolinas tend to get whacked more than the Florida coast on the Atlantic.

Either way it's always a nervy time of the year especially for folk like.me that doesn't have house insurance.....

I may be wrong but think there are more storms coming up via the Gulf of Mexico than hit the Atlantic.
Tampa has (and hopefully continues to) dodged the big storms in the 9 years I've lived here though the Gulf has hit the Panhandle, New Orleans and Texas on a number of times.
The Carolinas tend to get whacked more than the Florida coast on the Atlantic.

Either way it's always a nervy time of the year especially for folk like.me that doesn't have house insurance.....
Why no insurance MES, too expensive, or just a personal decision?

Why no insurance MES, too expensive, or just a personal decision?
Yeah expensive. It's a double mobile home. It's been stood solid since 1987 and survived perfectly strong storms and a Catagory 1 hurricane. Anything above that and it most likely would be ripped apart along with my Smiths collection.
I'm 5 miles inland from Tampa's inner bay so quite sheltered as it's about 20 miles as the crow flies from the outer bay on the St Pete / Clearwater coastline.

I have a double wide in Central Florida and in the past 3 years the attached garage got whacked in Hurricane Ian then in 2023 an isolated hail storm did a lot of damage . The Insurance paid out $9000 of an estimated $32000 of damage. I got it fixed for $8500 . My premiums are now $1100 for $45000 of cover and yet they are still selling for $175000+. If you miss paying your renewal they won't touch you. Crazy

I have a double wide in Central Florida and in the past 3 years the attached garage got whacked in Hurricane Ian then in 2023 an isolated hail storm did a lot of damage . The Insurance paid out $9000 of an estimated $32000 of damage. I got it fixed for $8500 . My premiums are now $1100 for $45000 of cover and yet they are still selling for $175000+. If you miss paying your renewal they won't touch you. Crazy
$1,100 - a month or year?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.