Atmosphere at Eastlands

As a neutral I think the atmosphere at COMS when I've been was pretty decent, your corner had some pretty witty and humourous chants. Sounds like you have the same problem as we have at West Ham of getting all those who want to sing together, but it's easier said than done

Freestyler said:
goatinho said:
i think the away fans should be pushed around the corner more into the colin bell stand so 1. the south stand fans and east stand could move closer together therefore creating a better atmosphere 2. you cant see away fans on tv.
obviously we would all like a standing section but its not going to happen

the away fans should be pushed into the east stand, a bit like arsenal, so we can have the SS. they can't be out in the colin bell, too far away from coach park.

the coach park is still pretty much right behind the stand if they got moved round to the corner, it could easily be done.

Yep, agreed, I'd without doubt relocate my season ticket into the south stand.

HarrowInnHammer said:
As a neutral I think the atmosphere at COMS when I've been was pretty decent, your corner had some pretty witty and humourous chants. Sounds like you have the same problem as we have at West Ham of getting all those who want to sing together, but it's easier said than done

As a west ham fan mate, what do you think of the impact of your expected new stadium will have? With the running track etc

In fairness, they are always supportive of anything the supporters want to try - I'm thinking of the things on here like tickertape, flags, Neil Young tributes, this megaphone (if it ever sees the light of day!).

I like the idea of a holding place for flags to be put out an hour before the game. Perhaps proper banners to be waved as well. This should be created by fans though - not the club.

Another idea is to give a quiet block in terms of season ticket holders supporters who wish to sing, ideally at least a few blocks away from the current areas. Sit interested fans together and spread the noise a bit as it currently all comes from one end of the ground and all on level one.

It would be nice if the club officially contributed to this thread and told us what was discussed, what plans and ideas they are looking at, and what could be in place for next season.

Obviously the club has asked Ric to create this thread. If they haven't they will read it.

So come on city, sit down, thrash some ideas out that will be taken forward and tell us via this thread. We won't bite and you will get the feedback you're after.

Show us you're are taking this issue seriously and you really want a better atmosphere at COMS like the rest of us do.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
Our main problem is the design of the ground doesn't help; It's too small! The South Stand needs to be at least twice the size in terms of numbers of rows. It's neither intimidating (for the opposition) or inspiring for the rest of the stadium. The lower tier is about the same size as the re-vamped Platt Lane Stand was and generally that stand was accepted to have been a huge mistake by Peter Swales.

What we need is an end similar in size to Dortmund's. If this was done, the away fans could still be accommodated within it but tucked away in the top corner of it with Blues all around them - just like the Kippax of old!!!!

Better still would be to demolish the East Stand and make that a huge Kippax-style terrace of one tier. The opposition players would shit it walking out facing that each game! We've always had our more vociferous fans at the side of the pitch and if we're to rebuild Eastlands, this for me would be the way to go.

Don't think Manchester City Council would allow that.

One of the points we made.

The fans are willing to come up with numerous ideas for banners and flags that can be vetted by the club first. But we can't afford them all. One of the suggestions we originally put forward was for the club to give/donate money, along with our contributions towards making these banners and flags.

The club can probably get these banners and flags made at discout prices as well, via the company/ies they already use. This is what I mean about the club helping out and taking part.

Sugarloaf said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
Our main problem is the design of the ground doesn't help; It's too small! The South Stand needs to be at least twice the size in terms of numbers of rows. It's neither intimidating (for the opposition) or inspiring for the rest of the stadium. The lower tier is about the same size as the re-vamped Platt Lane Stand was and generally that stand was accepted to have been a huge mistake by Peter Swales.

What we need is an end similar in size to Dortmund's. If this was done, the away fans could still be accommodated within it but tucked away in the top corner of it with Blues all around them - just like the Kippax of old!!!!

Better still would be to demolish the East Stand and make that a huge Kippax-style terrace of one tier. The opposition players would shit it walking out facing that each game! We've always had our more vociferous fans at the side of the pitch and if we're to rebuild Eastlands, this for me would be the way to go.

Don't think Manchester City Council would allow that.

This is what i don't understand when people say the council won't allow us to do stuff. We as a club/business are pumping in hundreds and hundreds of millions into the local community and regenerating an area that would never have been touched had the boys from Abu Dhabi came along. They should be bowing to our simple demands, it's a joke. It seems they hold all the cards when it should be us, we are the ones that are pumping millions into the area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.