Atmosphere at Eastlands

WNRH said:
Sugarloaf said:
Don't think Manchester City Council would allow that.

This is what i don't understand when people say the council won't allow us to do stuff. We as a club/business are pumping in hundreds and hundreds of millions into the local community and regenerating an area that would never have been touched had the boys from Abu Dhabi came along. They should be bowing to our simple demands, it's a joke. It seems they hold all the cards when it should be us, we are the ones that are pumping millions into the area.

Don't forget. The police have an even bigger say in the matter. They won't allow it. As it is now, the MAD MAX style setup after the game is perfect for the Police.

jrb said:
WNRH said:
This is what i don't understand when people say the council won't allow us to do stuff. We as a club/business are pumping in hundreds and hundreds of millions into the local community and regenerating an area that would never have been touched had the boys from Abu Dhabi came along. They should be bowing to our simple demands, it's a joke. It seems they hold all the cards when it should be us, we are the ones that are pumping millions into the area.

Don't forget. The police have an even bigger say in the matter. They won't allow it. as it is now, the MAD MAX style after the game, the Police have a perfect setup.

Joke.

M.C.F.C.O.K said:
As a west ham fan mate, what do you think of the impact of your expected new stadium will have? With the running track etc

I think it will change our fanbase for the worst, but what has come out this week is that the top tiers behind both goals which seat 10,000 each will be completely closed off and the seats will not be claret and blue they will stay black and white. So as well as the atmosphere being non-existent due to the shape of the stadium and distance from the pitch, it won't even feel like West Hams home to me.

WNRH said:
Sugarloaf said:
Don't think Manchester City Council would allow that.

This is what i don't understand when people say the council won't allow us to do stuff. We as a club/business are pumping in hundreds and hundreds of millions into the local community and regenerating an area that would never have been touched had the boys from Abu Dhabi came along. They should be bowing to our simple demands, it's a joke.

The stadium is leased out to the the club. A tennant can't start knocking stands down. Can't do nowt without approval or overall ownership. It'd probably be better to start from scratch. I saw in the MEN that the stadium was worth 200 million, and the council have no intention of selling. I reckon you could build a fantastic stadium of your own for that kind of money. There's plenty of land out where Belle Vue showgrounds used to be. Why not re-build the whole theme park with a stadium thrown in. I'd call the stadium St Marks.

25akzyg.jpg

Obviously GREEN represents AWAY, RED area represents HOME, and where the main atmosphere will be.

the away fans pushed around the corner, for some games they have both tiers. i know about the difficulty with the second tier, but it can be done. for the game with teams who bring little to eastlands, they just have the bottom.

the people who are in and the 3-4 blocks around the 211 area, they could move to the second tier of the SS, i think most wouldn't mind, some might disagree.

but this is the only possible way to move the away fans, and create a better one for us.

3rd tier never gonna happen, simple solution sort out the second tier inside, coach part still right behind the stand, it's there to be done.

Sugarloaf said:
WNRH said:
This is what i don't understand when people say the council won't allow us to do stuff. We as a club/business are pumping in hundreds and hundreds of millions into the local community and regenerating an area that would never have been touched had the boys from Abu Dhabi came along. They should be bowing to our simple demands, it's a joke.

The stadium is leased out to the the club. A tennant can't start knocking stands down. Can't do nowt without approval or overall ownership. It'd probably be better to start from scratch. I saw in the MEN that the stadium was worth 200 million, and the council have no intention of selling. I reckon you could build a fantastic stadium of your own for that kind of money. There's plenty of land out where Belle Vue showgrounds used to be. Why not re-build the whole theme park with a stadium thrown in. I'd call the stadium St Marks.

I'm talking more of the smaller things rather than knocking stands down ect.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:28 am --<br /><br />
Freestyler said:
25akzyg.jpg

Obviously GREEN represents AWAY, RED area represents HOME, and where the main atmosphere will be.

the away fans pushed around the corner, for some games they have both tiers. i know about the difficulty with the second tier, but it can be done. for the game with teams who bring little to eastlands, they just have the bottom.

the people who are in and the 3-4 blocks around the 211 area, they could move to the second tier of the SS, i think most wouldn't mind, some might disagree.

but this is the only possible way to move the away fans, and create a better one for us.

3rd tier never gonna happen, simple solution sort out the second tier inside, coach part still right behind the stand, it's there to be done.

This, it is so simple.

Move the away fans into the corner between the South stand, and East stand.

In the long run, and with a new or redeveloped stadium, One large kop style South stand with the away fans again stuck in one of the corners.

fbloke said:
Its not rocket science now is it.

Whilst we were still playing at the Grand Dame of Moss Side there was one of the worlds largest standing terraces and it was typically men, and young men and mostly working class young men in there (and lets be honest many many of them were pissed up) with almost no stewarding.

It was US against THEM and US normally won out when challenged vocally.

Now you have men women and kids, loads of the middle class types who wouldn't last 2 minutes on the streets of Moss Side of old - and they are split and divided by the away fans.

They are more BLur than Oasis and guess what the atmos' is pap.

My solution, get one end full of home fans, give tickets away to kids from the local PRU's, get them pissed up and watch it rock............

Indeed! MCFC hasn't been the same since 1994 when we lost the Kippax. The North Stand didn't compare and what we have now are a joke. I agree that we should shufty the away fans to 109/110+209/210 (or to Level 3 in the Colin Bell and really fuck them off somewhere else) and give us a full end for a mass of blues. Then we should encourage 105(where I sit) -108 in the East Stand (The Kippax) to become more vocal and give it to the away fans and become what the Singing Section/ East Corner is now. 6000 in the South Stand and 2000 in the East Stand isn't the 30000 of the Kippax but is 5000 greater in number than we have for vocal areas now.

wont work freestyler. more or less all that second tier you highlighted is designated corporate 2011/12. even if it wasn't, you'd never be able to split that spiral for home/away fans (only access to them seats).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.