Atmosphere Feedback from the Club

The FA have said they have still not *fully explored* safe standing, even though they been looking at it for years. Lol!

The FA have been to Germany, Celtic Park, etc. They have had experts look at safe standing. How long does it take to look at, review, and confirm safe standing is safe, and is safer than the current standing at matches? 5 minutes?

What an absolute croc of shite. Another made up delaying tactic by the FA.

It's simple. The Government don't want it. The FA don't want it. The PL don't want it. Unfortunately for them 3, clubs now want it, because their fans want it.

Shrewsbury have installed safe standing. Other clubs in the lower divisions will follow. Then the clamour to have safe standing introduced in the PL and Championship will follow. It will happen.

jrb - You are certainly worth reading.....you have summed it up for me - Nothing will change...............

How do you know that nobody else in 115 barely sings?, I am half way down the stand and sing for 90 minutes as do many people around me. Maybe you can't hear us but then again we can't hear you. I do agree that there are still far too many people in and around the block who don't sing because they are having a full on conversation about what there having for dinner that night or miss nearly half of the game by turning up 20 minutes after kick off and then disappearing 10 minutes before half time and then re-appearing 20 minutes into the 2nd half.

I've been in the south stand quite a bit this season and the main groups of people that sing are the back of 115 and the back of 119 ( i think its that block number) other then that most people in the south stand don't sing. (just going off my own experience when in the south stand). you can also see it from other stands - people clapping and singing at the back mainly. its not just 115, what about the other blocks ? 116,117.... no one in those blocks seems to really sing either, unless its after a goal. we regularly have one block of away fans at the bottom out singing 4/5 blocks right next to them.

for me the corner section a few years ago was miles louder then 115 has ever really been and its not really worked.

I've been in the south stand quite a bit this season and the main groups of people that sing are the back of 115 and the back of 119 ( i think its that block number) other then that most people in the south stand don't sing. (just going off my own experience when in the south stand). you can also see it from other stands - people clapping and singing at the back mainly. its not just 115, what about the other blocks ? 116,117.... no one in those blocks seems to really sing either, unless its after a goal. we regularly have one block of away fans at the bottom out singing 4/5 blocks right next to them.

for me the corner section a few years ago was miles louder then 115 has ever really been and its not really worked.

There will be some changes in 115 next season.

Can't say anymore ATM.

Hopefully it will have a positive impact on the atmosphere?

As some have already posted, *the away fans cannot be moved.*

The club won't do it. The Police won't allow it. Neither will the Council.

Easy access in and out of the stadium for the away fans. Next to the away coach park.

Forget it. Please stop suggesting that. It won't happen.

Likewise.

The club will not allow a sininging section in the SS 3rd tier.

The reasons are obvious.

That is a seating area. It is too steep. The seats and the back of the seats are too low down. H&S. Etc.

Ultimately the problem is this........

Regardless of how many threads are created on this topic. Regardless of how often we discuss it. Regardless of all the (good) suggestions we come up with! The club and those running it will only sanction and do what they want to do. And to be honest, the club isn't doing anything. In-fact the club are doing more.

Just for example.

We still have the videos pre-match.(we've probably got one of the best media teams in the PL)

We still have the pre-match entertainment team. Or whatever they are called.

We still have the slow, then the quick Blue Moon tune, pre-match

Etc.

We have asked for these things to be changed, or at least toned down on numerous occasions, but they are still there.

The club see these things and the other things like them as part of the *matchday experience*. Like the young Ladies outside the main Stand entrance with the City embossed picture's frames, you can hold up in-front of you, and then have your picture taken. Etc.

The club look at the bigger picture. What they see on a matchday for the fans V's a few complaining posters on a BM thread. Easy winner in the clubs eyes.

Nothing will change. There won't be any matchday changes. The current matchday programme off the pitch will continue next season, just like it did this season, last season, and the season's before that. We even had Ping Pong and a Volley Ball close to City Square this season. :-? Etc. City have a raft of employees and teams to come up with, and to implement the *matchday experience*.

This is how it is. And this is how it will stay. It's about getting the fans around the ground early. Getting the fans to make an Afternoon of it. And getting the fans to spend their money. The club don't want the fans to go straight in, straight to their seat, and then to go home. There is no money in that for the club. Fan+entertainment=revenue. A bit simplistic that.

Just wait when the Collar Site is developed into an entertainment centre. Wow!

"Ferran, can we shut City Square and all the bars earlier, to get the fans to there seats faster, to create a better atmosphere?"

Spot on that

Try very hard to bring the game back to working class base is so hard now but not impossible,claiming the game back for the fans.
Never going to happen!
That would also bring back drunks, swearing and Munich songs.
Totally against the new demographic and the way the club has been moving in the last 15 years.
People hark back to the old days on the Kippax they forget the above things I have mentioned were integral to them days. Do you think the modern fan would be ok with some drunken singing fan pissing down their leg?

As some have already posted, *the away fans cannot be moved.*

The club won't do it. The Police won't allow it. Neither will the Council.

Easy access in and out of the stadium for the away fans. Next to the away coach park.

Forget it. Please stop suggesting that. It won't happen.

Likewise.

The club will not allow a sininging section in the SS 3rd tier.

The reasons are obvious.

That is a seating area. It is too steep. The seats and the back of the seats are too low down. H&S. Etc.

Ultimately the problem is this........

Regardless of how many threads are created on this topic. Regardless of how often we discuss it. Regardless of all the (good) suggestions we come up with! The club and those running it will only sanction and do what they want to do. And to be honest, the club isn't doing anything. In-fact the club are doing more.

Just for example.

We still have the videos pre-match.(we've probably got one of the best media teams in the PL)

We still have the pre-match entertainment team. Or whatever they are called.

We still have the slow, then the quick Blue Moon tune, pre-match

Etc.

We have asked for these things to be changed, or at least toned down on numerous occasions, but they are still there.

The club see these things and the other things like them as part of the *matchday experience*. Like the young Ladies outside the main Stand entrance with the City embossed picture's frames, you can hold up in-front of you, and then have your picture taken. Etc.

The club look at the bigger picture. What they see on a matchday for the fans V's a few complaining posters on a BM thread. Easy winner in the clubs eyes.

Nothing will change. There won't be any matchday changes. The current matchday programme off the pitch will continue next season, just like it did this season, last season, and the season's before that. We even had Ping Pong and a Volley Ball close to City Square this season. :-? Etc. City have a raft of employees and teams to come up with, and to implement the *matchday experience*.

This is how it is. And this is how it will stay. It's about getting the fans around the ground early. Getting the fans to make an Afternoon of it. And getting the fans to spend their money. The club don't want the fans to go straight in, straight to their seat, and then to go home. There is no money in that for the club. Fan+entertainment=revenue. A bit simplistic that.

Just wait when the Collar Site is developed into an entertainment centre. Wow!

"Ferran, can we shut City Square and all the bars earlier, to get the fans to there seats faster, to create a better atmosphere?"

"F*** off!"

Agree with every single word of this.

Agree with every single word of this.

What you say about moving the away fans it very true, a shame but true.
However I think they could take the away fans out of the bottom tier thus bringing the singing sections together and give the away fans more space on the third.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.