Atmosphere Part 43

Blue Mist

Awhile ago the 1894 group and others tried to start a 'singing section'.
They were slagged off by most on here and probably elsewhere. People took the piss about 'Capo's and drums when all these lads wanted to do was support City in a loud and passionate way.

Last night I listened to a set of fans sing for 90 minutes, even when they were 3-0 down to the dippers they were singing. It must have been a brilliant atmosphere, it sounded good on the tele so live it must have been awesome. It drowned out the away fans which is very unusual in most grounds.

I am a tad too old to be a Capo or even a singer but I would love our fans to be that loud especially when we were losing and perhaps we should not be so quick to slag our own off when they suggest something similar.

Well done Palace, I am sure it helped the team come back in the match.

It was fantastic and what you could tell is it spread around the stadium. You could see people in the regular sections clapping and singing along. And the drum wasn't cheesy or obnoxious, it was just a background effect to keep things in tune instead of everyone singing 5 seconds apart like the Kippax/South Stand do.

I'd love a section like that at the Etihad, especially in the smaller games when it's dead, but a lot of our fans are really resistant to change and would rather have silence than something they aren't used to.

Blue Mist said:
They were slagged off by most on here and probably elsewhere. People took the piss about 'Capo's and drums when all these lads wanted to do was support City in a loud and passionate way.

Last night I listened to a set of fans sing for 90 minutes, even when they were 3-0 down to the dippers they were singing. It must have been a brilliant atmosphere, it sounded good on the tele so live it must have been awesome. It drowned out the away fans which is very unusual in most grounds.

I am a tad too old to be a Capo or even a singer but I would love our fans to be that loud especially when we were losing and perhaps we should not be so quick to slag our own off when they suggest something similar.

We been doing it for years mate, we can't afford to pay £50 million for a striker so all we can do is pay our £40 and sing our hearts out.

Do they have a capo at Palace?
I think that is part of the problem who would volunteer to go to the match and stand with your back to it whilst orchestratingthe chants??

LoveCity said:
It was fantastic and what you could tell is it spread around the stadium. You could see people in the regular sections clapping and singing along. And the drum wasn't cheesy or obnoxious, it was just a background effect to keep things in tune instead of everyone singing 5 seconds apart like the Kippax/South Stand do.

I'd love a section like that at the Etihad, especially in the smaller games when it's dead, but a lot of our fans are really resistant to change and would rather have silence than something they aren't used to.

In all honesty, even with a 2-0 lead, I wanted to rip my speakers out from my computer, head down to Palace and swing those speakers by the lead - sock & pool ball style - till all five of my speakers were smahed into his skull and then let the base speaker drop on his balls to finish off.

Palace fans are up their with them some of the best foreign fans for making a great amotsphere, but I will never tolerate a fucking drum. If that prick used a loud speaker like they do abroad, i'd be all for it. But no, he has to bang a fucking drum!

There were a lot of people interested in trying to do something similar to Palace, but it wouldn't have taken off, the mentality at City isn't the same, we if anyone brought a drum it would either be confiscated by stewards for being a health and safety hazard or confiscated by a south-stander for embarrassing the club.

1894 group is trying to build the atmosphere based on traditions which would fit in at our club as opposed to a European themed 'ultras' group.
I completely agree with constant singing. but don't think we would need a drum for that.

:Also cue the first comment about nitrogen or the moon or something.

SteWadda said:
I think that is part of the problem who would volunteer to go to the match and stand with your back to it whilst orchestratingthe chants??

A bald guy with shades at the Barca away match was making a good go of it. He was in the next block over from me so I couldn't hear him, give him a loud speaker though and problem solved.

If he does volunteer though, it's best he does it from the ground. He bounced backwards that much at Camp Nou that my heart skipped a beat every time I thought he was going to fall off onto the lower tier.

SteWadda said:

Yeah ive seen a couple of lads at the front facing the terrace leading them.

All it takes is someone to do that and the rest to actually follow him.

Gladallover said:
Blue Mist said:

We been doing it for years mate, we can't afford to pay £50 million for a striker so all we can do is pay our £40 and sing our hearts out.

Exactly how many years?
Can't recall much atmosphere last time I was at Selhurst around late 80's and early 90's.
We had soul then you had fcuk all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.