Atmosphere tonight

Same old South Stand argument.

The atmosphere was crap after the first 20 minutes, it picked up again when we scored.
But comparing it to Hamburg is almost laughable.

But again, I was sat in the South Stand, sounded just as loud as the singing section did. And when it went dull, it ALL went dull.

On a side note, Napoli weren't as vocal as I expected.

ban-mcfc said:
rangersfc said:
My first City game. I thought the atmosphere was flat considering it was a champions league tie, and that it was City's first in what, 40 odd years?

Credit to the corner who continually tried to get it going, but the majority of the stadium doesn't join in.

PS. City need some new songs. Edin Dzeko and We're not really here are a bit, well, crap.

Enjoyed the Balotelli song though :)

don't bother coming back.

we're not really here is a classic for city fans.

LMAO Rangersfc you've just been told!!
and you don't know the origins so don't comment.

at least we don't sing sectarian bollocks and threaten to letter bomb people.

p.s scottish football is wank.

bluebannana said:
ban-mcfc said:
bluebannana said:
Thought it was fantastic at times, but a lot of nerves in the air, east stand singing section was great when it got going, south stand was quiet as usual and the North stand wich I was in was pretty good actually.

i thought the south stand was better than the "kippax" tonight. and i was sat other side of the ground to both.

Personally opininon mate , but could not hear the south stand as much as the kippax from the north stand

I sit in 201 which is near the North Stand and could hear the South Stand loud and clear!

My own personal theory about the Etihad/Eastlands stadium is: Because of the rounded nature of the outside walls, the sound ricochets along the wall, so your own stand sounds loud. Unfortunately, the sound does not bounce across (as it did a Maine Road) so the stand opposite from where you are sat (stood?) normally sounds quieter.

I am happy to be shot down in flames by anyone with knowledge of acoustics and/or architecture!

Or anyone who thinks I am a Rag.

I sit in 201 which is near the North Stand and could hear the South Stand loud and clear![/quote]

Like I said personal opinion I was in 136 north stand, all I heard was the south stand singing a few songs which didnt last long enough to get around the ground, however when the kippax sang, more of the ground joined in, because they sang as one and carried on songs which helped.

Gotta say credit to the south stand for singing though atleast they do try and improve the atmos

ban-mcfc said:
don't bother coming back.

we're not really here is a classic for city fans.

and you don't know the origins so don't comment.

at least we don't sing sectarian bollocks and threaten to letter bomb people.

p.s scottish football is wank.

Hahaha, nice one. What age are you, 12?

Yes you are correct, Scottish football is w*nk.

City need more variety of songs, and the atmosphere was flat tonight. Fact. If City would have scored first then perhaps it would've better.

I'm 102 and can never understand when i hear that the south stand are quiet cos more often than not it's them you can here rather than the SS which is closer to where i sit? maybe it's to do with the stadium design and how the sound travels round the 'bowl' shape??

East stand block 109 was going toe to toe (vocally) with Napoli. South stand was ok but the fact that the Napoli supporters were facing us most of the game it's clear who represented city on the terraces tonight (sorry south standers).

The Napoli fans were brilliant at the end, clapping our support and exchanging scarfs. Overall good night, disappointing result. We will get better!

rangersfc said:
City need more variety of songs, and the atmosphere was flat tonight. Fact. If City would have scored first then perhaps it would've better.

Bloody hell, be glad you weren't there for the Wigan game if you found that "flat" tonight, was much much louder. If you're expecting persistent singing at our stadium, you're in for a rude awakening I'm afraid. Much more of a "family day out" in many blocks than in the past, some don't even cheer when we score.

RyantheBlue said:
Same old South Stand argument.

The atmosphere was crap after the first 20 minutes, it picked up again when we scored.
But comparing it to Hamburg is almost laughable.

But again, I was sat in the South Stand, sounded just as loud as the singing section did. And when it went dull, it ALL went dull.

On a side note, Napoli weren't as vocal as I expected.
Napoli were good. Didn't stop singing for a good twenty minute stint in the second half - and that takes some doing! That jumping (30odd seconds) and then clapping (30odd seconds) to the same tune [repeat repeat repeat] was top banana! They weren't great but were good.

We were just okay. The East/South corner were fairly good in spells but very quiet in long spells, the South Stand were average, the rest of the ground were louder than normal but still don't join in with enough songs. And you can tell the atmosphere isn't rocking when too many half hearted Blue Moon's are sung.

My grading: D- , can do better!<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:05 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
rangersfc said:

Bloody hell, be glad you weren't there for the Wigan game if you found that "flat" tonight, was much much louder. If you're expecting persistent singing at our stadium, you're in for a rude awakening I'm afraid. Much more of a "family day out" in many blocks than in the past, some don't even cheer when we score.
He's right though. We were just okay tonight. My description after the Wigan game of the atmosphere against Wigan was "an abomination of an atmosphere, a disgrace" it was way past flat!

And we need another five years of being a decent side so we can build our song list. We run our of songs REALLY quickly and that's when the half hearted Blue Moon's start because it's been sung already, many don't want to sing it again (again, again) so it dies out. Then it'll be five minutes before we sing again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.