Atmosphere yesterday

SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Rwhites said:
yawn yawn, our cup final blah blah,ffs you lot were treating it like the viking hordes coming to rape and pillage your city, we came had a laugh and you still complain. We have been to old trafford, the emirates twice and white hart lane in last 3 seasons so dont flatter yourselves it was our cup final, we are just utter garbage so just came to enjoy ourselves and at least a good percentage of city fans appreciated it as we did a great team and great stadium but theres always a few dicks that cant let it go.
You turned up in numbers, made a load of noise, had a laugh and took the piss out of yourselves. You were exactly like our fans used to be 15 years ago when we were shit. The closest I have ever seen.

Good luck, hope you come up soon. I've a lot of time for Leeds as a club: kindred spirits in many ways. Ignore the sour bellends. Every forum has them. Most blues enjoyed hosting you once again. I'm 43 and I've seen some epic, huge games involving our clubs through the years.
Agree with all of this. The Leeds fans were a credit to their club. Best away UK following we have had in years.
They've changed though.. Humour and camp antics are hardly the Leeds of old who had a preoccupation with coinage and general vitriol .

Didsbury Dave said:
You turned up in numbers, made a load of noise, had a laugh and took the piss out of yourselves. You were exactly like our fans used to be 15 years ago when we were shit. The closest I have ever seen.

Good luck, hope you come up soon. I've a lot of time for Leeds as a club: kindred spirits in many ways. Ignore the sour bellends. Every forum has them. Most blues enjoyed hosting you once again. I'm 43 and I've seen some epic, huge games involving our clubs through the years.
*Gulp* I agree with Didsbury Dave. Actually, just realised I DON'T agree with Didsbury Dave. Didsbury Dave has had many a dig at Accy Stanley and yet Accy Stanley fans do everything Leeds do, just a lot less of them doing it. So, no, I don't agree with Didsbury Dave. Get in.

I actually find it very hard to dislike Leeds . As mentioned, they really do remind me of us back in the day . We still take the piss out of ourselves these days with the 'never win' song. Teams like Leeds need to be back in the prem .

Skashion said:
Didsbury Dave said:

*Gulp* I agree with Didsbury Dave. Actually, just realised I DON'T agree with Didsbury Dave. Didsbury Dave has had many a dig at Accy Stanley and yet Accy Stanley fans do everything Leeds do, just a lot less of them doing it. So, no, I don't agree with Didsbury Dave. Get in.

a pound to a penny you still sleep with your inflatable banana.....LET IT GO

Aye,I'm getting sick of the ,up our own arses,arrogant,bollocks that gets thrown around on here. All this "small time" crap when other fans have a bit of a sing song, calling teams like Leeds and Villa "lesser clubs",saying anything other fans do is embarrassing,it's fookin pathetic!

I can only hope that the people spouting all this crap are about 12 or used to be Chelsea fans 3 years ago.

As I said before,although we have,and have always had one of the best away supports in the land,our atmospher at home has been utter gash for about 20 years(bar a few occasions).We go on about how great we fans were back when the team were shit,and yes that was true away, but the atmosphere at Maine Road was just poison. So lets get over ourselfs blues,we sound like Northern cockneys!

woody7figure said:
It was fine. They were just loud because it was their cup final - exactly the same as Watford.

As will be the case with Barnsley!

pinkwheeltrim said:
Aye,I'm getting sick of the ,up our own arses,arrogant,bollocks that gets thrown around on here. All this "small time" crap when other fans have a bit of a sing song, calling teams like Leeds and Villa "lesser clubs",saying anything other fans do is embarrassing,it's fookin pathetic!

I can only hope that the people spouting all this crap are about 12 or used to be Chelsea fans 3 years ago.

As I said before,although we have,and have always had one of the best away supports in the land,our atmospher at home has been utter gash for about 20 years(bar a few occasions).We go on about how great we fans were back when the team were shit,and yes that was true away, but the atmosphere at Maine Road was just poison. So lets get over ourselfs blues,we sound like Northern cockneys!

Or they're old enough to have remembered going to Maine Road but as time has gone on their memory of what the atmosphere was usually like has been eroded to the point that they think it was always a deafening wall of noise.

Some of the shit spouted about Leeds and their fans on here over the past few weeks is nothing short of embarrassing IMO. Granted, both sets of fans haven't always got on in the past (I've had my own issues with them on that score) but that aside, I still see them as a big club with great support numbers wise.

Leeds might well have put in a performance that was only really befitting of a team that is currently sitting around mid-table in the Championship on Sunday but City v Leeds is still a big fixture IMO.

Amazing load of utter bullshit in this thread from people up their own arses about what makes great fans.

All fans are the fucking same, they love their club and display that love vocally in different ways depending how young or drunk or happy they are or how important the game is

I cringe at the holier than thou types who award special badges of honour to fans who take the piss out of their own clubs lack of success as though that makes them somehow especially worthy of praise

Are you all 15 ?

paulchapo said:
It was a great atmosphere and banter yesterday.I was in the small section of the South stand left for the Blues and trust me we sang nearly all game but we were outnumbered as Leeds had 3/4 of our stand!

Away fans are always more vocal than the home fans,it is the same when we play away.They had bugger all to do yesterday except sing as their team was garbage and offering very little.

This was exactly my comment and prediction in the Stoke thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.