Atmosphere

What's affordable for me and you isn't necessarily affordable to those on minimum wage, that's what I mean really. Someone replied to my original post before saying that he's on just above minimum wage and can still go to City because he doesn't have a car and gives other things up so he can prioritise going to City. It wasn't this way years ago and it shouldn't have to be this way now. As others have responded since my post, more and more people have had to give up their season card because they can no longer justify paying for it. Those are your fans on minimum wage and welfare, and they're more often than not the kind of fans who've been going for years and know all the old songs - they turn up, have a drink with their mates, sing those old songs and get an atmosphere going. The atmosphere at the Etihad took years to get going but you could forgive that because for years it didn't feel like home. By the 10/11 season we were seriously going places and that excitement was reflected in the atmosphere, and during the 11/12 season we had the best value for money season tickets in the entire Premier League (kids were watching a title winning side for £5 per match!) which meant the stadium was always full and loud. A friend of mine refers to those seasons as "The Poznan Years" and it suits the time perfectly. Since we won the first title, though, the atmosphere has gotten worse and worse year on year - it's no coincidence that what's also changed at a similar rate is the price of season tickets in the time.

That's what I meant by "affordable".
I take your points onboard - dont necessarily agree with them all mind. For me, the game has moved on significantly off the field and that is the biggest change. Its no longer a 3pm scrum down on muddy pitches, leather cases and fans more interested in chewing lumps out of each other.

The times have shifted from that mindset and, it is now an entertainment business with a huge corporate and TV backing. If we want to see the best players in the world playing in the best league in the world then that will attract not only a broader support from those previous days but also a premium. If that makes it not affordable for some and the atmosphere is not as it was back in the day, then that is the sorry fall out Im afraid,

I have been pissed on, caught a dart in my shoulder and took a thump or two on the Kippax as many have, but do we really want to go back to those days - not for me, the game has moved on and for the better imo. Our atmosphere isn't great, but who's is in todays modern game?

What's affordable for me and you isn't necessarily affordable to those on minimum wage, that's what I mean really. Someone replied to my original post before saying that he's on just above minimum wage and can still go to City because he doesn't have a car and gives other things up so he can prioritise going to City. It wasn't this way years ago and it shouldn't have to be this way now. As others have responded since my post, more and more people have had to give up their season card because they can no longer justify paying for it. Those are your fans on minimum wage and welfare, and they're more often than not the kind of fans who've been going for years and know all the old songs - they turn up, have a drink with their mates, sing those old songs and get an atmosphere going. The atmosphere at the Etihad took years to get going but you could forgive that because for years it didn't feel like home. By the 10/11 season we were seriously going places and that excitement was reflected in the atmosphere, and during the 11/12 season we had the best value for money season tickets in the entire Premier League (kids were watching a title winning side for £5 per match!) which meant the stadium was always full and loud. A friend of mine refers to those seasons as "The Poznan Years" and it suits the time perfectly. Since we won the first title, though, the atmosphere has gotten worse and worse year on year - it's no coincidence that what's also changed at a similar rate is the price of season tickets in the time.

That's what I meant by "affordable".
This isn't aimed at you btw but I should have added that there seems to be (I may be wrong, but it is the impression I get) a correlation between atmosphere and drink in that you need one to create the other. As someone posted previously, he has made a sacrifice to afford his ST. The cost of a few pints each game would significantly increase the cost of going to games

This isn't aimed at you btw but I should have added that there seems to be (I may be wrong, but it is the impression I get) a correlation between atmosphere and drink in that you need one to create the other. As someone posted previously, he has made a sacrifice to afford his ST. The cost of a few pints each game would significantly increase the cost of going to games

we do hear the same thing over and over "but by the time you buy a programme, have a few pints, get a burger and......."

Answer, don't buy the expensive crap. I go to a game with a tenner in my pocket and leave with a tenner in my pocket, got a thing about queuing up to buy rubbish. Now and again I get the odd drink or burger if el-desperado.

I sing like mad and see players come on the pitch & leave the pitch. It 90 mins football to me, if I want food or drink I do that elsewhere or at home.

we do hear the same thing over and over "but by the time you buy a programme, have a few pints, get a burger and......."

Answer, don't buy the expensive crap. I go to a game with a tenner in my pocket and leave with a tenner in my pocket, got a thing about queuing up to buy rubbish. Now and again I get the odd drink or burger if el-desperado.

I sing like mad and see players come on the pitch & leave the pitch. It 90 mins football to me, if I want food or drink I do that elsewhere or at home.
I appreciate you and the 1894 group do a lot for the atmosphere mate. However, having a drink, buying a programme etc has always been an important part of the football experience but now with a ticket at £45-50 and the rest it is leaving little out of £70 or so. It’s too expensive for a lot

I appreciate you and the 1894 group do a lot for the atmosphere mate. However, having a drink, buying a programme etc has always been an important part of the football experience but now with a ticket at £45-50 and the rest it is leaving little out of £70 or so. It’s too expensive for a lot
I think the point is if you are adding the cost of a few scoops a pie and a programme to the ticket price and then claiming match days are too expensive then you have the gift to do something about it

I think they made a mistake allowing existing ST holders first dabs on the £299 ST’s in SS3 They could have made that an 18-30 ST or something like that. Get 2/3000 lads up there and it would have been a great atmosphere. Instead you people who now pay £299 and only go to 7/8 games a season.

The atmosphere at most Premier League grounds is crap these days apart from the away fans. This year you could hear the players shouting at Anfield (second half), Spurs, Watford, Leicester and many others I have been to. Only Wolves fans really got behind their team. Away fans are getting quieter and quieter everywhere. Who has made any noise at our place this season apart from Hoffenheim. To be honest I think it's modern life rather than modern football. When you go to gigs half the crowd are on their phones.

The atmosphere at most Premier League grounds is crap these days apart from the away fans. This year you could hear the players shouting at Anfield (second half), Spurs, Watford, Leicester and many others I have been to. Only Wolves fans really got behind their team. Away fans are getting quieter and quieter everywhere. Who has made any noise at our place this season apart from Hoffenheim. To be honest I think it's modern life rather than modern football. When you go to gigs half the crowd are on their phones.

Validation is more important nowadays than anything else to some

I think they made a mistake allowing existing ST holders first dabs on the £299 ST’s in SS3 They could have made that an 18-30 ST or something like that. Get 2/3000 lads up there and it would have been a great atmosphere. Instead you people who now pay £299 and only go to 7/8 games a season.
Im right at the back of 318 and Iv been there for 4 seasons since it was opened,all the same people around me have been there too since it opened,Iv missed less than 3 games in all that time and the people around too,if they don't turn up they always pass it on and their seat is filled,honestly don't know where you're getting " only go to 7/8 games a season " from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.