Atmosphere

Im right at the back of 318 and Iv been there for 4 seasons since it was opened,all the same people around me have been there too since it opened,Iv missed less than 3 games in all that time and the people around too,if they don't turn up they always pass it on and their seat is filled,honestly don't know where you're getting " only go to 7/8 games a season " from.

Agreed, this is complete rubbish. If SS3 atmosphere was replicated around the ground the place would be rocking. I'm genuinely interested though in how this noise permeates the rest of the ground as it seems neither the players or other 3 sides are getting a sense of it.

I take your points onboard - dont necessarily agree with them all mind. For me, the game has moved on significantly off the field and that is the biggest change. Its no longer a 3pm scrum down on muddy pitches, leather cases and fans more interested in chewing lumps out of each other.

The times have shifted from that mindset and, it is now an entertainment business with a huge corporate and TV backing. If we want to see the best players in the world playing in the best league in the world then that will attract not only a broader support from those previous days but also a premium. If that makes it not affordable for some and the atmosphere is not as it was back in the day, then that is the sorry fall out Im afraid,

I have been pissed on, caught a dart in my shoulder and took a thump or two on the Kippax as many have, but do we really want to go back to those days - not for me, the game has moved on and for the better imo. Our atmosphere isn't great, but who's is in todays modern game?

Too true, if they make the tickets more affordable, you're guaranteed to have someone pissing on you or throwing darts about. I say rise the prices!

It’s going to make me sound like a member of the song police, but I think one of the biggest reasons for people not singing is the choice of songs coming from the south stand.

1-0 yesterday and the first song I heard was about Edin Dzeko. To me that makes no sense. Barely anyone joined in with it either.

The loudest chants yesterday were the classic city songs. We love you city, blue moon, super city. Other then blue moon we have a lot of songs that you rarely hear sung from the south stand that people will join in with.

Super city, hey Jude, we love you city, blues go marching, city til I die - all songs that you rarely hear sung at home matches now. But when they are sung more people join in and most know the words. I’ve heard more about bloody Liverpool this season.
I’ve said for years that we don’t know how to choose the right songs to sing and when.

We always sing songs for players who aren’t playing and then don’t sing ones for the ones who are playing in their stead, last week we sang the Leroy chant after Jesus won the ball back and won a free kick, the week before it was “you play Thursday cos you’re fucking shite” at Chelsea at 0-0 then they beat us.

Also we’ve made more songs up about Liverpool in the last few years than we have about Manchester City (not the players or manager, the club). So when we’re 1-3 at home we aren’t going to start singing the pathetic “allez allez allez” chant, we need some proper City chants.

What's affordable for me and you isn't necessarily affordable to those on minimum wage, that's what I mean really. Someone replied to my original post before saying that he's on just above minimum wage and can still go to City because he doesn't have a car and gives other things up so he can prioritise going to City. It wasn't this way years ago and it shouldn't have to be this way now. As others have responded since my post, more and more people have had to give up their season card because they can no longer justify paying for it. Those are your fans on minimum wage and welfare, and they're more often than not the kind of fans who've been going for years and know all the old songs - they turn up, have a drink with their mates, sing those old songs and get an atmosphere going. The atmosphere at the Etihad took years to get going but you could forgive that because for years it didn't feel like home. By the 10/11 season we were seriously going places and that excitement was reflected in the atmosphere, and during the 11/12 season we had the best value for money season tickets in the entire Premier League (kids were watching a title winning side for £5 per match!) which meant the stadium was always full and loud. A friend of mine refers to those seasons as "The Poznan Years" and it suits the time perfectly. Since we won the first title, though, the atmosphere has gotten worse and worse year on year - it's no coincidence that what's also changed at a similar rate is the price of season tickets in the time.

That's what I meant by "affordable".
Spot on.

Seasoncards have doubled (and more than doubled in some areas of the ground) in price since we won the FA Cup in 2011. We’ve had one price freeze year in the last eleven years. Two of those seasons saw SC prices go up, one, by £65 and, a second, by £75.

Football tickets shouldn’t be priced more than £30 for one match. But even most SCs in most areas of the ground now, where you would usually expect value for money over usual individual match tickets, are well above £30/match. Is it any wonder why there were 8000 applicants for the £299 SCs (of which there were, what?, say 750?)?

It's called passion Alf, It wasn't meant to do or mean anything, it was just passion for my club. Hope you feel it one day! Happy Christmas.

I am sure Walker felt it, ever been out on a pitch and heard people slating you and calling you a ****, AK did and he wanted to smack fuck out of them, that is beyond passion imo, can we say you made him nervous and later on instead of holding back off the tackle ie the first goal he then chose to wade in with a sliding block and gave away the penalty?

Cause and effect?

Likely not but you never know.

I don't do passion, only started supporting us when we got good, it will likely come in time and more trophies.

Happy xmas

I am sure Walker felt it, ever been out on a pitch and heard people slating you and calling you a ****, AK did and he wanted to smack fuck out of them, that is beyond passion imo, can we say you made him nervous and later on instead of holding back off the tackle ie the first goal he then chose to wade in with a sliding block and gave away the penalty?

Cause and effect?

I don't do passion, only started supporting us when we got good, it will likely come in time and more trophies.

Happy xmas
I don't make a habit of calling out any player, but it came after yet another howler in a season of howlers from KW. Frustration and anger got the better of me unfortunately. I'm over it, just ! ;-)

Agreed, this is complete rubbish. If SS3 atmosphere was replicated around the ground the place would be rocking. I'm genuinely interested though in how this noise permeates the rest of the ground as it seems neither the players or other 3 sides are getting a sense of it.
I've only been in ss level 3 for the Newcastle game this season and it was poor. But as it was my only time up there It could have been a one off. The lad who's ticket I took goes around 8 times a season and sells his derby ticket making back two thirds of his annual cost back. I sat in level 2 for the palace game and it was better but still not great. Personally I like to stand so level 1 is where it's at for me

Spot on.

Seasoncards have doubled (and more than doubled in some areas of the ground) in price since we won the FA Cup in 2011. We’ve had one price freeze year in the last eleven years. Two of those seasons saw SC prices go up, one, by £65 and, a second, by £75.

Football tickets shouldn’t be priced more than £30 for one match. But even most SCs in most areas of the ground now, where you would usually expect value for money over usual individual match tickets, are well above £30/match. Is it any wonder why there were 8000 applicants for the £299 SCs (of which there were, what?, say 750?)?
Do you want to watch th ebest players in the world playing in the best league, of course the answer is yes, well there is a cost

The atmosphere at most Premier League grounds is crap these days apart from the away fans. This year you could hear the players shouting at Anfield (second half), Spurs, Watford, Leicester and many others I have been to. Only Wolves fans really got behind their team. Away fans are getting quieter and quieter everywhere. Who has made any noise at our place this season apart from Hoffenheim. To be honest I think it's modern life rather than modern football. When you go to gigs half the crowd are on their phones.

And even Wolves fans are like any promoted side, noisy first season then resort to quietness in future seasons.

Cause and effect?

Happy xmas
I would think passion is fine when you slag off opponents, sing funny songs about them or swear at the ref.

Demotivating your own players just when they need picking up, especially when those same men played their hearts out to give us the greatest EPL season performance ever last year, well, it isn't exactly "atmosphere" is it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.