Attacking as a team, starts with the keeper . . .

Benarbia’s Backheel

. . . and Given has proved this season that his distribution is poor. He never spots a run from a winger/fullback, where as the top keepers around will look to throw the ball out to the wings to set up an early attack, he just can't seem to do it. I love Given, i think he's a great man, and a fantastic shot stopper, but is that enough? does he command his area enough? I don't know, i just think there's a few vital things missing from his game. Can he take us to the next level?

after being initially very impressed, i think he has been exceptionally ordinary in all departments.

gomez got slated at spurs, but for me he is the best in the league, far more presence than given.

Saying Givens distribution is poor, is being very kind. I very good example of that was about 15mins into the 2nd half we had been under some pressure for 2 or 3 mins before and he kicked the ball right into touch from(I think)a free kick for offside and the pressure was back on.

can anyone remember the last save he made for us? Anyshot on targer now = goal, good job our defence is much better. Really can't see Given being in goal next season, think we will get a new world class goalie as #1 and Hart as #2

fathellensbellend said:
after being initially very impressed, i think he has been exceptionally ordinary in all departments.

gomez got slated at spurs, but for me he is the best in the league, far more presence than given.

I agree! Gomez and Schwatzer are the best keepers for me! Given doesn't impress me at all and would be well down the list!

I think we also put alot of pressure on ourselfs for something to happen straight away. Attacks start from the back four and the keeper but ive noticed if the back four cant find a pass in midfiled they pass it across the defence or back to each other waiting for the next pass in midfiled. But as soon as the ball is passed back from the midfiled to deffence the fans around me boo shouting "not back" surly there should be some patience in our play as we all no possesion moslty leads to victory. i think with this shay and the back four feel they have to make something happen out of nothing and in most times end up hoofing it, if you look at the top four they'll keep the ball on the half way line passing the ball and keepin possesion until a pass forward can be made and they dont boo- i might be wrong but id like to see what people think

gomes the best in the league? i see the mushrooms are being shared out on BM today!

he's had a couple of good games, but ask any spuds fan, he can be an utter liability.

He looks as if he lacks confidence.

But some of it is due to the defence, they all know that he isn't a brilliant kicker yet whenever a defender gets the ball, they pass it back to him. Madness.

PSmyth07 said:
He looks as if he lacks confidence.

But some of it is due to the defence, they all know that he isn't a brilliant kicker yet whenever a defender gets the ball, they pass it back to him. Madness.

Not been the same since lescott was injured. Seemed more assured with him and big vinny in front.

After Adebayor went off yesterday he was still kicking it long up to the front players, now what is the point in kicking to in the air to Tevez, bellamy and Shauny? and this has happened all season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.