Attacking Midfielders

Moo! said:
You have alot of creative central players

Not in midfield. We can put Silva into the midfield behind a front three (or two) but who else is there? Milner is the next best thing in terms of creativity but isn't exactly an illustrious playmaker. Likewise Yaya Toure, he is a beast but not traditionally creative. Beyond that, we're looking at the reserves/fringe/injured players like Assulin and Michael Johnson, neither of whom have been fit enough to even have a chance. Silva is the only truly creative central midfielder we have I would say and he is often played further forward. All that said, yes we do need another wide-man too, Johnson is not enough. We need three wingers I'd say - Johnson, another quality one, and Weiss for the cups/backup/homegrown quota (there's also the faint possibility of Bellamy coming back).

jimmy blue shoes said:
We all know that when Silva and A.J are out we have no creativity in midfield.

Hopefully this problem will be resolved in the summer with one or two quality young players, but who?

Well I'll take them one at a time and give my opinion on them

Eljiero Elia (23): Extremely quick with good footwork. Terrible off the ball, and a constant poor decision maker. And contrary to popular opinion the reason he doesn't start for club anymore is because he makes poor decisions.He is AJ lite with a little more speed, and a little less brain.

Mario Goetze (18) Fantastic technical skill on the ball, and incrdible vision for someone that you. Most believe he is the next best thing out of Germany and they are probably right. But he has some shortcomings in my opinion. He is slow, and he is also stiff (i.e. he is smallish and has bulked up this year to make up for being smallish) Perhaps overtime he will turn that to an advantage, but honestly I sense he will regress if he came to City. England is just not the place for him in my opinion. In terms of comparison, he is a more skillful Wilshere, but not as good of a team player as Wilshere is..

Miralem Pjanic (21): Only seen him once, so I wouldn't say much. Looked avergage in the game I saw, but his youtube shows some vision. Perhaps due to lack of information on my part, I am not one of his big fans.

Eden Hazard (19): His skillset is undeniable. His a mazy dribbler with some touch. But he is grossly inconsistent, I have seen him dominate big clubs, and also look average or unengaged against poor French sides. His hype far outweighs his performance or production. And the fact that he is a fancy dribbler helps fuel the superstar flame even more. There is no denying he has the potential, but he can very well become the next Joe Cole. A permanently inconsistent skillful player. But there is still hope yet. Most comparable to Valbuena

Javier Pastore (21): He is one of the most fluid young footballers in the game. Technique, and ball touch are impeccable. Glides through his dribbles, and favors the nutmeg. Has scored lots of goals this season for his club, but that is primarily because he plays often as one of the 3 strikers in a 433. Lately (there new coach, who replaced the old coach, but himself has has now been fired) Switched to a 451 to shore up his teams porous defense. A fantastic, dribbler, passer and glider on his game, he has a Tendency to not put in much work on defense. Something City fans will hate. He can play wide, in the middle or supporting the striker. He isn't as consistent with his shooting, but scores lots of goals, by moving and getting open for chances. Clearly my favorite City prospect, but I doubt we will get him, or that he will fit in well. But the idea of him and SIlva running things make my stomach giggle with joy :). He is most comparable to Kaka

Alexis Sanchez (22); Clearly the player I think will most improve City with what he brings- Immense dribbling skills. Skills that male AJ look like Joleon Lescott when it comes to slicing your opponent. He has the potential to be the next Ronaldo- A dribbler, Diver, and immensely influential in games. And he can improve (just the way Mancini likes em :P)

Juan Mata (22): People like comparing him to Silva, but I don't see it. They are similar in size, both smallish, left footed, good passers and Spanish. But that is where the similarities end. Silva is an avoider, he avoids tackles and keeps possession. Mata attacks defenses more often. He is faster, but not as intelligent or influential. Nor is he sublime with his skill. Mata is more of an inferior version of Nasri, than Silva.

Marco Marin (21) Messi-like German with Inconsistency issues. He is probably more ready than he gets credit for, but his clubs poor play and his inconsistent performance has robbed a bit of shine off his hype. Many thought he would become what Ozil eventually became for Germany, the strings puller. But he hasn't shown a capacity to consistently make the team, in spite of a Youth movement kick in Germany. Plays kinda like Messi, but with less production or finesse.

Those who will make it at City in my opinion (i.e. become an impact player and Starter)
Sanchez, Mata. Others such as Pastore and Goetze might make it at Arsenal or United. I don't think Elia can do better than a midtable team (Nzogbiaish) and Marin is a risk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.