Attacking the South Stand

blueshortshorts

Been bugging me for a while this, but does anyone know why we seem to end up attacking the South Stand in the first half every week? Don't they do this on the toss of a coin every week anymore? As a s/t holder in the North Stand it suits me fine, as I get to see all these second half goals we bang in, but I'm surprised the opposition teams never opt to change us round, just to upset our routine. Does anyone know what the procedure is for deciding which team attacks which end now?

It seems to work, so I'm fine with it. :-)

I think the procedure is that whoever wins the toss can choose ends or kick off.

Maybe one of the resident refs can confirm this.

nijinskybell said:
It seems to work, so I'm fine with it. :-)

I think the procedure is that whoever wins the toss can elect to choose ends or kick off.

Maybe one of the residents refs can confirm this.
yeah but it seems to big a coincidence that we gave attacked the same end in every game for ateast the past 4 seasons (although I have a feeling we did shoot the other way once the season before last..might be wrong though) ..as you say one for the refs, I wondered if it was agreed between the captains when they go in with the ref pre game perhaps? I suspect it's TV related .. As every game is Beamed around the world now, and the tv companies are working to strict schedules with advertisers, perhaps they don't want the kick offs delaying whilst teams change ends???..just guessing though

I've wondered this but it is clearly City's preference to do this.

If I were the opposition I would change things, like we did at Anfield last week, we attacked the Kop in the second half.

Interestingly enough, on the handful of games where we have attacked the South Stand in the second half, I think we have not lost.

the rules are that the team that wins the toss decide which end they want to attack, the team that loses the toss kick off.

I assume that when we win the toss we prefer to attack the South stand first.

I can only assume that when the opposition win the toss they usually can't be arsed changing round

thischarmingmanc said:
the rules are that the team that wins the toss decide which end they want to attack, the team that loses the toss kick off.

I can only assume that when the opposition win the toss they usually can't be arsed changing round

I thought winning the toss meant you chose whether or not to kick off or choose ends.

Therefore if City win the toss the choose to attack the South Stand first half (as that is their preference) and let the opposition kick off, if the opposition win the toss they generally choose to kick (a sis their preference) which in turn leaves City choose ends, ergo we attack the South Stand.

My thoughts are that the opposition should put a spoke in the wheels and mess things up, as we did (like said in previous post) at Anfield last week.

the players obviously prefer kicking towards the end where the noisiest and most loyal supporters sit in the second half as evidenced by the huge number of goals scored at that end

no different than Liverpool always wanting to play towards the Kop in the second half?

alib said:
the players obviously prefer kicking towards the end where the noisiest and most loyal supporters sit in the second half as evidenced by the huge number of goals scored at that end

no different than Liverpool always wanting to play towards the Kop in the second half?
They my prefer it, but it doesn't explain why we consistently get our wishes..if it was just done on the toss of a coin, I am sure the opposition captain would occasionally switch the teams around..especially for noon kick offs where the sun is low in the sky.

Maybe the home dressing room is on the North side so when the teams line up in the tunnel City come out in the North end. Then no one can be arsed to swap ends.

BigJoe#1 said:
thischarmingmanc said:

I thought winning the toss meant you chose whether or not to kick off or choose ends.

Therefore if City win the toss the choose to attack the South Stand first half (as that is their preference) and let the opposition kick off, if the opposition win the toss they generally choose to kick (a sis their preference) which in turn leaves City choose ends, ergo we attack the South Stand.

My thoughts are that the opposition should put a spoke in the wheels and mess things up, as we did (like said in previous post) at Anfield last week.

the initial post was correct.

winner of the coin toss chooses ends, the loser take kick off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.