Attendance does not equate to success

Always Ali

Team supported
The Champions of Everything
I have just been reading the thread about the attendance for Napoli and it is obviously quite a big issue for some Blues. My feeling is that while it would be great to sell out every home game, the reality is that it will rarely happen.
We are not trying to compete with U****d in the stands (we never will either as we don't have their "History", yawn). City are trying, and succeeding, to compete on the pitch and this is what matters surely!
We have a hardcore 35K without a doubt and those that fell away during the Pearce years will come back, but lets stop worrying about the opinions of some dickhead U****d "supporter" and focus on this most wonderful time to be a Blue!

We do need make some noise on wednesday though, no matter what the attendance is. Also would be great if some of the hardcore 35k could stay and applaud the players after fantastic performances.

at present we will more or less sell out for every home league match due to the number of season ticket holders we have - cup games as we all know are a different matter , (thankfully) we are not over-run with too many glory hunters at present , no doubt this will change if we win even more trophies this season - i am going tomorrow and most of my regular match going mates will be also . as the great malcolm allison once said " a lot more people watch jackanory than panorama " !!

BOMBER7967 said:
I have just been reading the thread about the attendance for Napoli and it is obviously quite a big issue for some Blues. My feeling is that while it would be great to sell out every home game, the reality is that it will rarely happen.
We are not trying to compete with U****d in the stands (we never will either as we don't have their "History", yawn). City are trying, and succeeding, to compete on the pitch and this is what matters surely!
We have a hardcore 35K without a doubt and those that fell away during the Pearce years will come back, but lets stop worrying about the opinions of some dickhead U****d "supporter" and focus on this most wonderful time to be a Blue!

given that you are commenting about another thread why did you create this thread rather than post on the existing thread? Did you just want to stand out a bit love?

The club need to make sure that the ticket prices are priced at a price that the fans can afford. Maybe the club should have looked at a package deal for the Champions League home tickets. Say at a price of £60 for all 3 home games if bought at the same time.

At least the club did not force the season ticket holders to go on the cup scheme, you could either go on it or come and purchase the ticket yourselves from the box office.

BOMBER7967 said:
I doubt very much if our owners will see it that way. In fact I'd think they would hope that success equates to attendance...

The brass at the club will want us to maximize our global reach, our attendance, and subsequently our revenue. They want City to be the biggest club in the world and while that is probably decades away if it ever becomes a reality, the brass will want us to become as big as possible, as soon as possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.