Attitudes to the Uefa Cup. Can somebody explain this to me.

Pam

Why do clubs in the top half of the table spend three quarters of the season angsting about whether or not they can qualify for the Uefa Cup, only to play weakened teams in the competition proper at the drop of a hat. It is a nonsense, it truly is.

Its a status thing, its like people save for years for a new Merc and keep it in the garage.

forevercity said:
de niro said:
we played a weakened team the other night pam, by accident like.

because phil didnt play? ;)

i thought phil would have helped the situation had he been brought on earlier.
as it happens he did jack shit, but then they were all very poor.
today is a new day:)

Pam said:
Why do clubs in the top half of the table spend three quarters of the season angsting about whether or not they can qualify for the Uefa Cup, only to play weakened teams in the competition proper at the drop of a hat. It is a nonsense, it truly is.

It's a good point. Many clubs always say they want UEFA footie and then put out a weak team as Pam says. Look at Villa and Spurs this season and Bolton last season - can't get my head round it.

We all know the reasons...it's seen as a second-rate competition by most, however IMO any trophy's worth winning...

Trouble is, it's not as glamorous as Champions League, hence its getting a style-makeover for next season - Europa League sounds a bit more razzy.

1894 said:
We all know the reasons...it's seen as a second-rate competition by most, however IMO any trophy's worth winning...

Trouble is, it's not as glamorous as Champions League, hence its getting a style-makeover for next season - Europa League sounds a bit more razzy.

Yeah new name next season. Not sure it will do much good really. Same with the 'Champions League' - it's not a league and the teams are not all champions - the 'European Cup' was a more honest title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.