Attitude's towards Bellamy, nice lil piece on OS

DontLookBackInAnger said:
C_T_I_D said:
I think he could potentially become a crowd favourite alongside SWP, Robinho and Ireland. He will love the amount of chances we create per game and will put his fair share away, even in the 2nd part of the season which we're well into now. He runs down the channels, is appreciative of the service that he recieves and hopefully given our superior talented players in comparison to West Ham we'll see an even better return than the hammers did.

He may have a bad reputation in terms of personality but after reading this he seems to have became wiser in his old (in terms of football players) age! Maybe he could be important, but while he speaks a good game, he has to continue to play one aswell.

If you ignore the reports that he went on strike to go to Spurs last weekend that where widely reported and commented on by another PL manager.

He has already said that didnt happen and he has instructed lawyers to sue the newspapers and media outlets who published it

Braggster said:
Agreed. A bit like, dare I say it, St Joseph of Barton. The difference is that Bellamy is a cut above Joey in the playing stakes. Both seem to have issues with the red mist.

I disagree with the playing part, Barton, at his best played for England, Bellamy(if he where English)would never have got close to the team.

way off the mark DLBIA...can't believe that you think he wouldn't challenge Defoe, Heskey, Downing, Nugent, Lennon, Richardson, Bentley et al (even dare I say our own magnificent sweep)......think you need to watch him a bit more rather than rely on the tabloids and MOTD for the basis of your opinion. I look forward to hearing about your change of mind after a couple more games,..... provided he can stay fit of course.

edit apologies to jma

bluwes said:
If you ignore the reports that he went on strike to go to Spurs last weekend that where widely reported and commented on by another PL manager.

He has already said that didnt happen and he has instructed lawyers to sue the newspapers and media outlets who published it

Will he be taking action against the manager that claimed he was being held against his will also?

DLBIA: there's a bit of a difference between those two though, isnt' there? It's one thing to say that someone is unhappy at a club and wants to leave, quite another to say they're actively on strike

Craig is deffo a thinking footballer...he knows what to do if he hasnt got the ball and obviously does what is needed to get the ball..

Type of player we need.

way off the mark DLBIA...can't believe that you think he wouldn't challenge Defoe, Heskey, Downing, Nugent, Lennon, Richardson, Bentley et al (even dare I say our own magnificent sweep)......think you need to watch him a bit more rather than rely on the tabloids and MOTD for the basis of your opinion. I look forward to hearing about your change of mind after a couple more games,..... provided he can stay fit of course.

Seeing the issues that club managers have had with him playing outside the forward role, I highly doubt that a National manager of England would pick him for anything other than a forward, so that greatly reduces that list, and realistically he can't play the Heskey role, as for Nugent, I'm not sure he is a benchmark for the standard of most England players down the years! As for Defoe perhaps......

he's joined the elite already apparently

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.statbunker.com/football/news/news.php/236/belllamy-joins-elite-list.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.statbunker.com/football/news ... -list.html</a>

Braggster said:
DLBIA: there's a bit of a difference between those two though, isnt' there? It's one thing to say that someone is unhappy at a club and wants to leave, quite another to say they're actively on strike

Oh your right, but my understanding was the comments from one, prompted the stories of the other and part of his rebuff was that he was happy at West Ham and didn't want to leave, which is clearly untrue or has been lied about to the press by others in the game.

Hey Kaka,Kaka
Whatever will be, will be
we've got Craig Bellamy
Hey Kaka,Kaka!

Barton, at his best played for England, Bellamy(if he where English)would never have got close to the team.

Barton player 10 minutes of football for England, and only won that cap because the dross he was playing alongside week in week out under Pearce made him look above average. If he were English, Bellamy would be a regular member in the England squad I reckon.
If Kevin Phillips, James Beattiem, Darius Vassell and (the pick of the bunch...) Michael Effing Rickets can get capped...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.