Aus / NZ

Hes the left back remember

Planning trip to see friends in Dairy Flats in NZ.
Will be a one off as age and finance take their toll. I think we will need stop off on way so any suggestions as to who has done trip would be most welcome. HK and Singapore seem ok for stop but also want some time in Sydney either on way out or way back. Could also do some internals in Aus depending on finance, any suggestions?

Don't know where to start! So many places to see in both countries. Defo recommend Singapore for a stop, particularly on the way out as it ticks off a longer part of the journey which I always prefer.

Sydney is definitely worth a visit whilst you're "near" and depending on time and money head up to QLD. Sunshine coast north of Brisbane is excellent or head to North QLD and do the Whitsundays or Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef/rainforests up there.

Will be a one off as age and finance take their toll. I think we will need stop off on way so any suggestions as to who has done trip would be most welcome. HK and Singapore seem ok for stop but also want some time in Sydney either on way out or way back. Could also do some internals in Aus depending on finance, any suggestions?
When we were doing trips to Europe we stopped over at the following cities depending on the airline we used, Singapore, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai.
All those countries have excellent Airlines that travel between UK and Australia.
Singapore is quite expensive for a stopover these days the other places I think are still quite cheap.
As supercity said you could visit Queensland, Gold coast or Sunshine coast or go north into the tropics where you will find the great barrier Reef lots of ancient rainforests, base yourself in Cairns for this.
Or you could go South and visit Melbourne and Tasmania. We had a fantastic one week holiday driving all over Tasmania, awesome scenery.

I would also add we had some friends visit New Zealand from the UK recently, it was much cheaper to book a flight from the UK to Sydney and then another flight to New Zealand rather than book direct from UK to New Zealand.
I would definitely check that out to save a few hundred dollars.

Bay of islands in New Zealand if you like fishing. Perth up to Darwin is a cracking road trip if you have the time . You can even pop over to bali for a few days from West coast.

South Island of NZ for so much dramatic scenery. Depending on time of year we have snowy Alps for much of the island. Most of the stunning NZ photos you see are from here. Auckland is a biggish city so pretty meh, but make sure you get out of it and head south

Sounds great, I’ve been fortunate to visit NZ many times having family over there.
We’ve flown out to Dubai, Qatar, Singapore but never the US. we’ve stopped off in Aus too but in all honesty now we just prefer that long leg instead. But if you want to stop off in Sydney pretty much most of them stop there and it’s only a short flight in the grand scheme of things. The order would depend on you really, we’ve always stayed places before because we’ve just wanted to get back home.
Singapore would be my suggestion and don’t be put off flying out from other airports other than Manchester. It’s terrible haha.

The Bay of Islands in North Island NZ has so many beautiful places. Seeing the Southern Cross in the night sky gives a whole other view of Creation (or whatever you want to call it.) Milford Sound in South Island is spectacular, a wonder of the world for me. Nelson's a pretty little town.
Do they still have the jetboats on the Shotover River?

Last edited:
I flew from London to Oz one time, stopped at UAE then Singapore. I got off the plane at Singapore for a few days, did the touristy thing, then lo and behold ended up at this bar……. When I landed in Oz to meet in law family, my neck looked like it had been eaten by vampires, how that girl ( I think) chewed on me that much I will never know, my sister in law looked at me in shock. Whatcha good do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.