Aussie Blues

It's been shocking, really. I don't live anywhere near the floods, but I have been reading every article about it and watching the videos available. Some of the tennis stars playing at the Australian Open are going to have a fundraiser match on the Sunday before the AO starts, which I think will be fantastic.

It's also stories like this you hear that are heartbreaking:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-reports/teenager-swept-away-after-saving-his-brother-from-toowoomba-floods/story-fn7kabp3-1225986169850" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/specia ... 5986169850</a>

BlueFeather said:
It's been shocking, really. I don't live anywhere near the floods, but I have been reading every article about it and watching the videos available. Some of the tennis stars playing at the Australian Open are going to have a fundraiser match on the Sunday before the AO starts, which I think will be fantastic.

Shocking is not the word.

I spent a few days in Brisbane and really liked it. Hard to imagine it under water now.

stonerblue said:
BlueFeather said:

I spent a few days in Brisbane and really liked it. Hard to imagine it under water now.

How is shocking not the right word? 13 dead, 43 missing, thousands of homes at risk and potentially billions of dollars of damage. And it's only going to get worse.

BlueFeather said:
stonerblue said:

How is shocking not the right word? 13 dead, 43 missing, thousands of homes at risk and potentially billions of dollars of damage. And it's only going to get worse.
He meens shocking is not strong enough to describe it .

Cheers stonerblue.

I live in the city just by the river but am on high enough ground and have only been minor inconvenienced by lost power and days off work considering what others have lost. That said we have witnessed the damage and power of the water first hand. Even so the spirit of the people has been superb.

It has been a surreal experience and an experience that has touched many by the way everyone has mucked in and helped. Were all just hoping the missing are found safe and the water dissapears as quickly as it arrived

BlueFeather said:
stonerblue said:

I meant it's more than shocking.

stonerblue said:
BlueFeather said:

I meant it's more than shocking.

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding :(.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.