Australia & Novak Djokovic case

Money and fame wins the day. Hopefully he now has to explain why he was out n about on the 17th December when he had taken a pcr test the previous day as even if he hadn't had the result he should of been isolating not putting others at risk. Massive slap in the face for those who have had loved ones die and have been unable to get into or out of Australia in the last 2 years to be with them.

Money and fame wins the day. Hopefully he now has to explain why he was out n about on the 17th December when he had taken a pcr test the previous day as even if he hadn't had the result he should of been isolating not putting others at risk. Massive slap in the face for those who have had loved ones die and have been unable to get into or out of Australia in the last 2 years to be with them.
Just playing devil's advocate, but here in the UAE we have routine PCRs all the time and we're not expected to isolate till we get our results. Only if we're having one because of symptoms. Maybe it's the same in Serbia?

Novak Djokovic has won an appeal against a decision to refuse him a visa in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia ahead of the Australian Open.

Judge Anthony Kelly quashed the visa cancellation and ordered the Australian government to pay legal costs and release Djokovic from detention within half an hour.

He read out a minute agreed to by both the government and Djokovic, in which he made the ruling and said the tennis star's passport and "personal effects" should be returned to him.

However, in the moments after Judge Kelly read his ruling, lawyer for the government Christopher Tran notified the court of a further development.

He said the immigration minister Alex Hawke - not the minister who made the initial cancellation - will now consider whether to exercise a "personal power" of cancelling the visa.

In short, this means that once the decision is overturned, it could be re-cancelled.

However, Judge Kelly warned that should Hawke make this decision, Djokovic would not be able to return to Australia for three years, though this could be appealed.

Just playing devil's advocate, but here in the UAE we have routine PCRs all the time and we're not expected to isolate till we get our results. Only if we're having one because of symptoms. Maybe it's the same in Serbia?
It doesn't matter. His paperwork was not in order when he arrived at the Australian border. You or I would have been simply put on the next flight back to where we came form.

I know the point you were making, but as I said, it doesn't matter what the COVID protocols are in the county of origin if they don't marry up with the requirement of the country of arrival.
I was simply referring to didsyburyblu's point that he should have been isolating after his test on December 16th. In relation to that point (and that point only), the COVID protocols in the country of origin absolutely do matter. It has nothing to do with Australia's requirements.

I'd happily see him deported, just pointing out that he MIGHT not have broken any rules by not isolating after his test. Equally, of course, he could be a complete lying twat who knowingly put other people in danger.

The only way he was going to play in Australia was if he got COVID in December. Could he have deliberately got it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.