Auto electricians

shevtheblue

Any auto electricians on here? Got a problem with the central locking going crazy on my missus' car to the point it will lock you inside and keep trying to lock the car. Battery has gone flat last night as I think the module is constantly sending lock signals, before I speak to the dealer for a module was wondering if anyone had an idea as I'm struggling to find an auto electrician who's any good.

Depends how handy you are. I would start by checking the wiring harness where it comes through to the door from the chassis. A bad wire in these areas can cause those problems.

Any auto electricians on here? Got a problem with the central locking going crazy on my missus' car to the point it will lock you inside and keep trying to lock the car. Battery has gone flat last night as I think the module is constantly sending lock signals, before I speak to the dealer for a module was wondering if anyone had an idea as I'm struggling to find an auto electrician who's any good.
Central locking modules usually just fail, as in completely dead.

It's likely to be A fault in the wiring, and could something as simple as water in the door loom connector.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends how handy you are. I would start by checking the wiring harness where it comes through to the door from the chassis. A bad wire in these areas can cause those problems.
Central locking modules usually just fail, as in completely dead.

It's likely to be A fault in the wiring, and could something as simple as water in the door loom connector.
Def need an auto electrician then, any recommendations?

It might just be as simple as the battery being on its way out. Not saying that's the case.
The back window on my boot door kept dropping down, I thought it was an electrics problem, turned out it was a safety feature in the car and it was my battery on its way out. Not had a problem since I changed the battery except I don't have the code for the stereo, so that's next on my list of to do things

It might just be as simple as the battery being on its way out. Not saying that's the case.
The back window on my boot door kept dropping down, I thought it was an electrics problem, turned out it was a safety feature in the car and it was my battery on its way out. Not had a problem since I changed the battery except I don't have the code for the stereo, so that's next on my list of to do things
Yeah thought it could be that but the RAC tested it. Couldn't pinpoint what the issue was, he said its either the alarm or the central locking module. I've not been out to it today but i'm fairly sure the battery is gonna be dead now as something is constantly telling the locks to go into lock mode even when they already are!

Hi shevtheblue, What car is it? This type of fault is normally down to one of the actuators within the door. The drivers door actuator is normally the primary for the vehicle. I suggest you remove the inner door card and weather proof material and disconnect the wiring from the lock mechanism. Lock the car with the key after you lock the other doors from the inside. If this stops the other doors locking/unlocking then the fault is with the drivers actuator (Can pick these up of Ebay for 25 Quid). If the fault persists do the same on the other door actuators in turn. I still would put a quid on it been the Drivers side been at fault.

Hi shevtheblue, What car is it? This type of fault is normally down to one of the actuators within the door. The drivers door actuator is normally the primary for the vehicle. I suggest you remove the inner door card and weather proof material and disconnect the wiring from the lock mechanism. Lock the car with the key after you lock the other doors from the inside. If this stops the other doors locking/unlocking then the fault is with the drivers actuator (Can pick these up of Ebay for 25 Quid). If the fault persists do the same on the other door actuators in turn. I still would put a quid on it been the Drivers side been at fault.
Its just a small Suzuki Splash. The problem is the drivers door lock seems knackered too, the key just turns in it and doesn't do anything. A guy i took it too said he thought it was the drivers door but then when he got in he could hear the constant clicking from the locking module and said that was knackered too. Not really sure what to do next, just hope i can still unlock it so i can jump it!

Get a replacement lock mech off ebay. This will fix the fault, as the you say the key does not work so the mechactuator has failed this will be sending a wrong signal to the module, as the actuator is saying one thing and the door been physical closed sending another (earth switching), this will cause the system to keep switching between lock/unlock. You should be able to swop the lock barrel over so you can keep the original keys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.