Avanti first class

blue44

Team supported
St Marks West Gorton
when i booked our train tickets for wembley v villa,believe it or not man-euston was cheaper first class than standard,so i booked it,coming home on the monday we are standard class.My sister has since told me you can go in the first class lounge at picadilly and get freebies,but also you get food and drink once on the train.
anyone travelled before first class and know what you get ?

You can also go in the lounge at Euston, you normally get free tea,coffee, soft drinks and snacks, but obviously won’t get in for the return journey if you have booked standard class. With regards to the train journey you will normally get hot and non alcoholic cold drinks, a sandwich/wrap etc.

You can also go in the lounge at Euston, you normally get free tea,coffee, soft drinks and snacks, but obviously won’t get in for the return journey if you have booked standard class. With regards to the train journey you will normally get hot and non alcoholic cold drinks, a sandwich/wrap etc.
cheers for that,my sister told me her brother in law got free booze all the way down to euston,i'll take me cans then !

when i booked our train tickets for wembley v villa,believe it or not man-euston was cheaper first class than standard,so i booked it,coming home on the monday we are standard class.My sister has since told me you can go in the first class lounge at picadilly and get freebies,but also you get food and drink once on the train.
anyone travelled before first class and know what you get ?

All depends what time yer train is. I think there are different menus from a full breakie to stuff in a box. Much less at weekends! I like to have the bacon roll round about brunch time. I'm going just before dinner time Friday. I've not done Avanti before. Just hope it's as good as Virgin was. The lounge at Manchester and Euston does hot drinks, cold drinks and nibbles, fruit, but I think it depends on the time of day as to what you get!

cheers for that,my sister told me her brother in law got free booze all the way down to euston,i'll take me cans then !
The service on a weekday is different to weekend.
Weekday service is breakfast till about 10, then brunch till 12 when they begin the lunch menu. After 5 you get the dinner menu.
Alcohol is served weekdays from 11 until the last train.

Weekend is pretty poor in comparison.
A snack box and tea/coffee is served. They’ve even stopped the hot chocolate.

You’ll be able to use the first class lounge in Manchester for up to two hours before travel. They have tea/coffee machine and snacks.
The lounge in Euston serves alcohol, paid. You can go in there for an hour after arrival.

Coming back midweek after a game at Chelsea we got the 11pm train back. The guy serving the drinks got chatting to us and ended up leaving the drinks trolley with us to help ourselves.
Unfortunately it was my turn to drive so the Mrs had nearly three uninterrupted hours of free gin and tonics

All depends what time yer train is. I think there are different menus from a full breakie to stuff in a box. Much less at weekends! I like to have the bacon roll round about brunch time. I'm going just before dinner time Friday. I've not done Avanti before. Just hope it's as good as Virgin was. The lounge at Manchester and Euston does hot drinks, cold drinks and nibbles, fruit, but I think it depends on the time of day as to what you get!
Currently Avanti is Virgin in disguise. The staff even have the same uniforms.

The service on a weekday is different to weekend.
Weekday service is breakfast till about 10, then brunch till 12 when they begin the lunch menu. After 5 you get the dinner menu.
Alcohol is served weekdays from 11 until the last train.

Weekend is pretty poor in comparison.
A snack box and tea/coffee is served. They’ve even stopped the hot chocolate.

You’ll be able to use the first class lounge in Manchester for up to two hours before travel. They have tea/coffee machine and snacks.
The lounge in Euston serves alcohol, paid. You can go in there for an hour after arrival.

Coming back midweek after a game at Chelsea we got the 11pm train back. The guy serving the drinks got chatting to us and ended up leaving the drinks trolley with us to help ourselves.
Unfortunately it was my turn to drive so the Mrs had nearly three uninterrupted hours of free gin and tonics
Thanks for that info,trust my luck for no free grog on weekends !

Only thing you get on a Sunday is a little box of crackers and help yourself to the water. Used to use it going to and from Glasgow to Manchester a lot. Was 15 for weekend upgrade. Worth it for the free wifi and not having a load of scrotes sat by you if nothing else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.